Anonymous
Years ago

Uniform Changes for Juniors

I was reading the changes which apply to basketball unifroms including juniors. An extract is: "" However, player shorts are not permitted to be longer than 25mm above the top of the knee. Bike pants or skintight undergarments are therefore not permitted to extend beyond the 25mm above the knee."

Has anyone been "chatted" by umpires for shorts longer than 25mm above the knee (and what is the top of the knee)

For my youngest son playing I can't find shorts short enough - I guess I could attach braces under his singlet and pull them right up.

On a wider point surely BSA don't expect parents to go and fork out more cash so the shorts are short enough?!?

Topic #17919 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Actually, I don't think this part is the new rule?

I think the rule is more to do with the full length "skins" being worn? (can't remember exactly, read the changes a while ago....), and the shorts length rule is the same as it was?

Either way, usually common sense prevails and as long as your shorts aren't touching your shoes, you are good.

Reply #210144 | Report this post

Dallas  
Years ago

In respect to bike pants, the new rules state that bike shorts must be the same dominant colour as the shorts. Must I go and fork out and specifically find a pair that is green? What is wrong with my black ones considering they hardly extend to my knee? If they are worn under the shorts and barely visible unless I am sitting down am I still required to buy a green pair to match my shorts? Please enlighten me anyone.

Reply #210178 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"dallas" thats easy move clubs eg. west or tigers they have black in there shorts

Reply #210180 | Report this post

anon  
Years ago

what about when bsa gt on high horse about numbers which they approved and soon will be illegal
like 81
short above the knees - yeah like to see that - nerw uniform every season because little johnny is growing - no way - hitch 'em up son - dont let your bloomers drag sweetie

Reply #210182 | Report this post

Dallas  
Years ago

Thanks anon, that is the type of original solution I was most expecting. But seriously though, I prefer to wear skins under my shorts especially for comfort reasons. They are hardly visible except when sitting down and upon fast, physical movement when they may be exposed. Do they even sell green bike shorts that match the Woodville green, please let me know if so, or must I leave my club to wear the uniform that I so desire and have always worn?

Reply #210189 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I think you'll find that if they're barely visible most refs will turn a blind eye. Pull them up under your shorts so that they're not extended below them and you should be fine

Reply #210956 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

skins come in all colours

Reply #211101 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 12:20 am, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754