Thomas
Years ago

Country Basketball - Fees/Door Charges

I am a comittee member of the Port Pirie Basketball Association & am often having discussions with people who do nothing, that our fees and door charges are too high etc. etc.

Seniors: Player Registration $45.00, Team Nomination $50.00 ($6.25 per player with team of 8), each team umpires & scores each week or pays someone $10.00 ump or $5.00 scoring to do it.

Is this excessive? What are your association fees?

Topic #1792 | Report this topic

keyboard king  
Years ago

sounds fine - i like the idea of paying the scorers - your player and regsitration fees are cheaper than adelaide social ball with basa

social referees get $8 per game with basa regardless of grading

the cost of playing is no more expensive than a combo take away meal, a beer and a bit or no more expensive than any other recreational sports

sounds like these people need to reasses their spending or you have unemployed rates - do they smoke? do they belong to a video shop?

blah, blah, blah

your fees are very reasonable

Reply #20375 | Report this post

Thomas  
Years ago

We think so too. Door entry is just $3, we have canteen & booth facilities, two courts & the the stadium is air conditioned.

Reply #20380 | Report this post

keyboard king  
Years ago

sounds better than adelaide - if you gave it to them for free they would still grizzle

you have some bad ass juniors coming thru at pirie

i saw a classic u12 boys game 2 years ago at country cup - pirie v millicent

Reply #20384 | Report this post

Thomas  
Years ago

Watch out for them this year in the U14's.... They are going well again, shooting for a third straight title, having won the last two in U12's!

14 Girls & 12 Boys are also playing a treat, Girls are undefeated in 2 carnivals, & the boys are 1 GF win & 1 GF loss.

Reply #20402 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

damn... what are you feeding the kids out there to produce high quality.

Reply #20406 | Report this post

Thomas  
Years ago

Our quality is very good....... BUT have you seen our height in those lower grades?
They are all just about the same height..... Very Short! Lol.
Look out for a young lad named Nick Redman, blonde hair, extremely quick..... No bigger than my 4 year old! No lie.
You will not miss him.

Reply #20415 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:57 am, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754