Axe
Years ago

36ers "try 5 package" errors

I just received a letter in the post from the 36ers trying to sell "Try 5"...which is the 5 game packages. Now, don't burn me down in flames here for being padantic.......but I found several typos over both sheets of paper. Surely as a professional organisation they can proof read, spell check, and grammar check. It's just lazy! Yes, I know you may pick on my spelling and grammar....but I am not a professional organisation! So here they are:

Simply "chose" (choose) your package and your games and get set to roar."

Complete this form "an" (and) send payment details via email

or by email "[email protected] (no t in 36ers)"

Simply complete the form "to" (and) post to PO BOX...

Topic #17926 | Report this topic

Sector 7G  
Years ago

Amateur hour

Reply #210232 | Report this post

Kent Brockman  
Years ago

Who ever did that should give themselves a pay rise.

Reply #210234 | Report this post

ANON  
Years ago

Axe.
As you stated, this shows the lack of professionalism within the 36ers front office. If you are working in the Windows Office program then all that is necessary is to press F7 and the spell/grammar check is initiated. I wonder what some of the 36ers "major sponsors" think when they receive information which is grossly incorrect. Maybe the new owner (my mail is they HAVE been sold) will instigate changes which usher in a more professional approach from staff! Maybe that's just wishful thinking if the people that Boti has named are still with the program.

Reply #210235 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yea unbelievable.

There is also a Jacob Holmes profile going around that has a pic of Josh Wood on it!

Reply #210236 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

In the future, for best results, please be sure to email them and let them know in case they haven't already spotted the errors.

Reply #210237 | Report this post

weener  
Years ago

Don't they have a Marketing Manager? This promotional material would normally fall under that role.

Reply #210239 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Those things shouldnt have to be emailed to the club.

Simple proof reading and spell checking is something that should be a matter of course.

Reply #210240 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

ANON, maybe just maybe the 'named' person you refer to is not responsible for EVERYTHING at the Club! But why let facts get in the way of your sour grapes.

Reply #210241 | Report this post

Basket 16  
Years ago

I thought that the buck stopped at the top.

Reply #210244 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

Axe,
Nice to see someone is on the ball.

"there's no t in 36ers"
I thought there was no "D" in the 36ers.....

Reply #210245 | Report this post

Kent Brockman  
Years ago

Yeah i think blaming Bauer is a stretch, if that is who you are suggesting Anon.

Errors like these and the ad for West Sydney did not happen before other staff left from memory.

Reply #210246 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Bauer is Operations Manager, nothing to do with Marketing. Certainly not his fault

Reply #210249 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Mal's daughter is the Marketing Manager.

Reply #210258 | Report this post

bbgun  
Years ago

Maybe Playa wrote it.

Reply #210261 | Report this post

Statman  
Years ago

makes it hard to email the club and tell them about the errors when they give out the wrong email address though

Reply #210269 | Report this post

DDFan  
Years ago

Also, rather pointless emailing the error when the hardcopies have already reached their destination. Bit late to act on it then, I wouldeR thoRt. ; )

And even I wouldn't blame Potsie for those typos. That's trivial stuff. : P

Reply #210270 | Report this post

brains trust  
Years ago

Now that the Seals are no more, maybe booga is being employed to write this stuff.

Reply #210272 | Report this post

SVD  
Years ago

haha bbgun ... ball worthy

Reply #210273 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Brains, I thought Booga was being used in mills to flatten the paper? (Just kidding Booga!)

Reply #210277 | Report this post

DDFan  
Years ago

Do not pick the Booga.

Reply #210316 | Report this post

nifty  
Years ago

Blame the coach he gets blamed for everything else looks like the real problems are starting to show

Reply #210323 | Report this post

bluey  
Years ago

nifty it would be the ex-coach the one we cant name

is his name still on the banned list?

Reply #210331 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

No, it's not.

Reply #210333 | Report this post

KingJames  
Years ago

Isaac what changed??

Reply #210339 | Report this post

Moses Guthrie  
Years ago

I blame Phil Smyth. Not really though. Just had to see if he was really off the banned name list.

Reply #210360 | Report this post

Dana  
Years ago

Axe......maybe you could try spelling 'Pedantic' correctly yourself.

;)

Reply #210385 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

Spell check is not going to pick up words that are actually correctly spelled but used incorrectly. The example given in this letter is the word chose instead of choose and an instead of and. Both chose and an are correctly spelled words.

Reply #210386 | Report this post

billo  
Years ago

They should have used Whitesmoke Premium English Writing Software.

Reply #210390 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

KJ, I removed the line of code that was doing it!

Reply #210421 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:30 am, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754