Quagmire
Years ago

Marc Gasol- Rookie of the year?

It's only been one game!!!

I know i know. But if this guy continues to play the way he is now....

If Oden had a game like Gasol's effort yesterday (27pts 16 rebs 3blks a steal and an assist- 9/11 from the field and the line...) we would be declaring him the new Hakeem.

Now granted, it was against some weak opposition, and the Griz rookie may be benefiting from some excellent passers in the Griz backcourt, namely Conley jr and Mayo, but we have to give credit where it is due.

don't we?

Topic #17927 | Report this topic

KingJames  
Years ago

Your first point says it all! He obviously had a big game but to suggest he will be rookie of the year based on that is stupid!

Reply #210243 | Report this post

Quagmire  
Years ago

I'm not so much saying he will be ROY, i'm just pointing out the achievement as a rookie which seems to have been really passed over. Is it because he is a foreign player? Is it because he is nuts and bolts with no flare? Do people see his ceiling as being much lower than Rose, Beasley or Oden's?

I say he would be a good roughie to get on.

Reply #210259 | Report this post

LA Boy  
Years ago

agree with KingJames...too early

Reply #210279 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

quagmire u stupid

Reply #210281 | Report this post

Skin  
Years ago

I think he has a shot, but think he will struggle againts some of the better defenders.

Reply #210290 | Report this post

twenty four  
Years ago

I agree with Quagmire here. He put up 12 & 12 in his debut game against Houston, and now had this absolutely dominant performance yesterday.

He has already been and probably will continue to be a bit inconsistent for a while, but he's showing he can more than hold his own in the NBA. Don't think he'll be ROY, but I wouldn't be suprised to see him end up 11/9 or something similar at the end of year.

Reply #210312 | Report this post

LA Boy  
Years ago

he'll be a good player definitely but as far as rookie of the year that's a bit far off, just consider the past players awarded, Durant, LBJ etc. they pretty much posted veteran like number (~20pg) I just don't see Marc to be there this year with OJ Mayo in the picture. I mean Memphis a great place for him to get his foot into NBA elites no doubt but just not so soon...

Reply #210374 | Report this post

Ricey  
Years ago

keen to see Lakers take on Grizzlies, would be interesting

Reply #210399 | Report this post

Run TMC  
Years ago

He is probably only the third best rookie on his team (behind Mayo and possibly Arthur) let alone in the league!

Reply #211603 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 10:36 pm, Tue 23 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754