LA Boy
Years ago

Historical Election...WOW

I turned on TV can't believe we have an African American President!!!I CANNOT believe it!

Here I'm thinking indigenous aboriginal for Australian PM up next?

Topic #17936 | Report this topic

curtley  
Years ago

Lets push for Adam Goodes as prime minister.

Reply #210325 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Pat Mills!

First order of business, NBL and NBA on FTA, new stadiums everywhere, outdoor courts on every block, set holidays to coincide with the NBA Finals series, tax exemptions for basketball clubs and tax refunds for season ticket expenses.

Reply #210326 | Report this post

vanexel31  
Years ago

ernie dingo

Reply #210327 | Report this post

Years ago

Go the whole hog......Cathy Freeman.....she's black and a woman!

Reply #210329 | Report this post

barack  
Years ago

I'm all for Pat Dobson.

Reply #210343 | Report this post

rotateonthis  
Years ago

excellent news , not only for the US ...
It is a massive shame he has inherited a s..theap but only good things can come from an articulate , well balanced leader . If ever change was needed around the globe it is now , hopefully if nothing else the yankee doodle dandy die hards will see the rising mist thru the dying shrub that was G W oil .

Reply #210361 | Report this post

Dana  
Years ago

This has restored my faith in the US people. I had all but given up on them for the last 8 years but it's refreshing to know that the majority of them are not stupid.
Well done USA. Historic Stuff.

Reply #210383 | Report this post

Ricey  
Years ago

why is everyone going nuts over him? he hasn't even done anything yet except do what Rudd did in lead up, which was say what the people wanted to hear. if he can do what he says then give him praise, until then who cares

Reply #210397 | Report this post

LA Boy  
Years ago

uhh if you know ANY brief US history you'd know black people were slaves...

slave->owner? mmm how's that not big? that's respect

I don't know much about Aussie history but I know if Pat Mills got Aussie PM that'd be big too!

Reply #210419 | Report this post

Years ago

LA Boy his dad was Kenyan - from Africa. No slave history.
But yeah, still big time for there to be a black president.....

"My president is black! My lambo's blue! And I'll be god damned if my rims aint too!"
Young Jeezy - My President

Reply #210553 | Report this post

me  
Years ago

Sadly, Australia has not yet recognised its hidden racism. We all seem to very much aware of the horrendous treatment of the Black americans in days gone by.

BUT...

How many of us are watching "The First Australians" on SBS? (Tuesday nights) I have watched with an increasing level of sadness and shame over how the original inhabitants of our island were treated.

I fear it will be a long time before we are able to elect an indigineous PM.

Perhaps the americans are quite as dumb and redneck as we are?

Reply #210627 | Report this post

me  
Years ago

oops..final line should read...

Perhaps the americans aren't quite as dumb and redneck as we are?

Reply #210628 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 10:03 pm, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754