Quagmire
Years ago

Who will role on Dice?

McDyess will most likely not suit up for the Nuggs this season. It may be his last in the L and he has big desires for a championship.

Looks like a buy-out is the option, followed by Dice signing with a team that still has its mid-level exemption and a shot at the title.

I'm not sure which teams have their mid on offer, but here are a couple of teams he should be calling asap..

Spurs. Proven champs and he could either start alongside TD or come off the pine for big minutes. Would be a perfect fit for the Spurs.

Cavs. LeBo needs a player like Dice at the 4. He can step out to hit jumpers and still finish inside. Share time with Ben Wallace but have Dice close out games.

Celtics- some talk about him going here but it doesn't work in my mind, he would be taking minutes from Powe who is continuing to improve.

Hornets. Not sure about their financials, but they would be desparate for a player to back up both West and Chandler, while also being injury insurance for West....

Rockets. Almost the same reason as the Hornets, injury insurance for their big Yao plus the whole they have to fill at the 4. Landry has been great but minutes could be split so no loss for him. Battier comes off the bench, which he'll do without a single complaint- thats just who he is.

Did i miss anyone? (back to the pistons???)

Topic #17944 | Report this topic

Quagmire  
Years ago

Scratch the Rockets off the list- totally forgot about Scola... he's a solid pro too..

Reply #210410 | Report this post

Big Marty  
Years ago

Mcdyess should suit up for one of the down-trodden clubs like Sacremento or OKC. Despite what he brings to the table; there aren't many top-tier teams that need to fill the 4 spot.

I'd agree with the Spurs if it wasn't for the fact that they're in the market for a 5 man; and not a Duncan backup.

Personally; he shouldn't have been part of the trade and should have stayed in Detroit. Iverson isn't worth two players. If Shaq can be traded for Shawn Marion, then a straight Billups - Iverson trade is fine.

Reply #210417 | Report this post

Samba  
Years ago

All this info is on Hoopshype you know? Only the best ever NBA rumours site!

Reply #210420 | Report this post

Quagmire  
Years ago

Thanks Samba- i'll check it out. Love a good rumour...

Reply #210423 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 12:23 am, Wed 24 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754