nifty
Years ago

new league next season

With the league to launch or relaunch next year with a new name not NBL does that mean that all contracts will come to an end for players and coaches?I assume all contracts are for the NBL that being the case then everyone will become free agents and no clubs have contracted coaches will make for a very interesting time.

Topic #17985 | Report this topic

Melvin Corpuscle  
Years ago

What ?! The leagues relaunching under a new name etc next year ?!!? Why hasnt this been discussed on here ?! why are there not threads and threads and threads discussing the issues involved ?!!? ....

Reply #211043 | Report this post

Coady  
Years ago

Hey Melvin mayby, you need to read more articles and get up to date, thier havent been many threads about this because the reform only passed at midday saturday the 8th nov, They are overhauling the league massivly and i think they will change the name as a part of new era!!! Along with Fox sports in a $35 millon deal showing all nbl games next season most of which will be live, this will be all excelent times for the "NBL" to come... Look at at the Soccer now!!!! where was it before thier reform?????

Reply #211047 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Coady, there have been loads of threads on this, including nine in the last 3-4 days. No one needed to wait until the vote passed to discuss the issues.

Reply #211053 | Report this post

heartbroken  
Years ago

if the league gets a ridiculous name like 'the big league' or some such rubbish i will vomit.. Australiasian basketball association gets my vote, it opens the door for another venture into asia and means we dont have to change the name again in 2-3 years when asian teams from hong kong, singapore, taiwan, jakarta etc join the league.

Reply #211057 | Report this post

Sturty6ers  
Years ago

Coady, I think Melvin was being a tad sarcastic....

Reply #211058 | Report this post

steve  
Years ago

maybe the newbl should be split into northern and southern divisions to cut down on travel expenses etc.

northern
geraldton,darwin,cairns,townsville,mackay,brisbane and gold coast.

southern
melbourne x 2,geelong,tasmania,sydney,perth and adelaide.

??????

Reply #211146 | Report this post

Coady  
Years ago

my appoligies then he didnt seem sarcastic,..personaly i think the overhaul will work to an extent, but i dont think we will see a large impact as the A league did in soccer, i speak to a lot of people and the only NBL Player names they know are those from 90s, purely because of the free to Air publicity. signing with foxtel will be good but i think it will put less bums on seats if they show local games live in respective states... What do you all think>????

Reply #211179 | Report this post

DDFan  
Years ago

Coady:
"signing with foxtel will be good but i think it will put less bums on seats if they show local games live in respective states... What do you all think>????"
Me Sir *** waves arm ***, me, me.

Yes. *** sits down & shuts up ***

Reply #211188 | Report this post

Joe M  
Years ago

DD Fan?

Are you often referred to as 'special' or in simple terms, are you retarded.

Reply #211194 | Report this post

DDFan  
Years ago

That's , YES & YES.

Why do you ask?

Reply #211209 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 1:47 pm, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754