Marcos
Years ago

What are Blaze thinking?

Ommiting Vandergat is a horrible move, the only big to do somehting this season besdies benny melmeth
if they thought for a second that they would be better of using casey frank before vando they are kidding them selves big time.

Casey Frank is a dud, to along with that hair cut

Daniel Joyce is over played and give nothing and they have guys like demos and carter waitng to get a chance.

coach Joyce has no idea.

Topic #17987 | Report this topic

Isaac  
Years ago

Vanderjagt is their 11th man. I suspect they're reluctant to be paying (more) and not using Melmeth, Frank, McGregor and Cameron.

Shame, because Vanderjagt seems to be playing a lot harder.

Reply #211041 | Report this post

DJ  
Years ago

I'd look at dropping Cameron all together and keeping Vanderjagt in the 10.

Reply #211050 | Report this post

HAHA  
Years ago

He sure has been playing well but apparently it's out of their hands.

Reply #211055 | Report this post

XztatiK  
Years ago

Vanderjagt last night: 15pts 8rbs in 17mins

...while Cameron only got 3mins

Interesting night from Melmeth: 9pts and 10rbs, and he fouled out in just 13mins.

Anyone know why Bowen didnt play?

Reply #211096 | Report this post

Blazefan  
Years ago

XztatiK, I think you're looking at the Townsville game stats and not from Saturday's game against the Dragons, in which Bowen topscored for the Blaze. I too, am not sure why Bowen didn't play against the Crocs seeing he was at the game.

Marcos, I thought MacGregor did pretty well in the Townsville game, yes 1 game out of 10 is not good, but as for Frank, I honestly believe he's been playing at a much more consistent level than last season. Your homeboy Melmeth has had some good games for us but this has come with some shokers which is the whole problem with the team this season, a lack of consistency.

As for the Vanderjagt, I agree with you in that he is playing out of his skin with limited opportunity. But can you please get it into your brain that the only way he can play is to cover another of the 10 players that is either injured or cut. While it may look like the Blaze can decide when he plays or not, this is not the case.

At various times this season he's covered for Melmeth, Whitehead, MacGregor and Hawkins and somehow was able to play the Townsville home game after Hawk was cut. Barring future injuries to the 'first 10', the only way he'll get a game is if the Blaze cut someone else.

As I've read elsewhere that the Blaze intend to keep all of their players for the remainder of the season, some 'injuries' may have to start striking the team a little more often so Vandy can get the playing time he deserves.

Reply #211107 | Report this post

XztatiK  
Years ago

Anyone know if Bowen is playing this week (3 games)?

Very important for both the Blaze and my fantasy team ;)

Reply #211309 | Report this post

XztatiK  
Years ago

don't worry, I'm a dickhead :P

I was getting the blaze's two games last week confused, I thought Bowen missed the second game and therefore was injured, but never mind lol.

Reply #211310 | Report this post

thedoctor  
Years ago

why not just cut Pero? If you aren't going tom play him, and Vandy is playing awesome, why not make the move? Is it a cost issue?

Reply #211313 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 2:22 am, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754