nifty
Years ago

Which NBL coaches will be replaced?

If the league is cut back to only 10 teams next season which coaches will be replaced and by whom.Gold Coast if in would replace Joyce with McLeod maybe or the new Sydney team would not go with Beveridge his record is poor and he has talent they would definately need someone who could attract players.Even with a lot of money they would need someone the players would want to play for and could trust its a tough there.Cairns would be done with Black and if New Zealand doesn't make the Grand Final then they would start looking they have spent way to much money to not get a result

Topic #17994 | Report this topic

Isaac  
Years ago

You have to be kidding me regarding Beveridge! I'd say he'd be in definite demand. They've picked up some good wins already, all without Smith, and all on a lean budget.

Joyce is struggling to get results, but it'd be a pain for the owner to get out of a four year contract.

I think Black might be the most likely to go. Possibly Cooks too, though he is getting reasonable results given his squad and budget, and it might only be because he doesn't have a huge profile and his club could find it difficult to stay financial.

Reply #211201 | Report this post

Cat in the Hat  
Years ago

I'm a massive fan of Beveridge. I really don't get why people on this forum knock him. If Sydney didn't want him, I'm positive he would find a job elsewhere in the league.

Reply #211210 | Report this post

Scoreboard  
Years ago

Cooks should definitely be in demand.
This guy has had to be the general manager, coach and team manager.
He's had to negotiate every contract with every player and their agent the last two years.
He's been given less money to put together a team than any other.
His team budget/salary has never even come close to getting anywhere near the $800K.

His results speak for themselves and not just this year. Last year he coached the majority of the season with one import and their PG - Tait out.

At this point of the season he's been the best coach bar none. With the talent he's assembled he should be coach of the year if he keeps it going.

I'd take Cooks over Ninnis, Joyce, Beveridge, Black anyday.

Reply #211229 | Report this post

nifty  
Years ago

What has Beveridge done to be rated highly in the NBL he has talent his imports are average but he recruited them.Are you saying his team is talented because that is not true.

Reply #211284 | Report this post

nifty  
Years ago

Sorry I meant to write are you saying his team is not talented because that is not true

Reply #211288 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

They were tipped, before the season, as one of the bottom sides yet, despite missing Smith for the early part of the season, got some tough wins. I get it - you don't rate him. So be it. A lot of others do.

Reply #211294 | Report this post

Drb  
Years ago

Issacc, Joyce got gold coast to the the playoffs in there debut season which was a pretty good effort, i recall that year when they made the playoffs, that everyone had them finishing at the bottom.

This year is not going to plan however they have never had two imports playing at once for majority of the season. Harvey was injured who is there main man from last year. Also when it comes to recruiting its the general manager who is at blame and not the coach.

There recent form shows they are back on track.

To suggest joyce wouldnt coach in the new league is ridiculous and for those to place cooks, beveridge, ninnis, mcleod, black, gleeson and lemanis who are unproven (in terms of winning a championship) is totally insane.

Reply #211316 | Report this post

Suga  
Years ago

Brendan Joyce will be sacked...

And Daniel Joyce will take over as player/coach.

Harvey will moved to the bench as Joyce will start.

There offence will be, "get the ball to Joyce and get the F*** out of the way"

Reply #211338 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 10:46 pm, Tue 16 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754