jj
Years ago

Tyndale must go - now!

Every year someone is calling for someones head and most of the time it is premature. But this is different. 11 games into the season, it's CLEAR as daylight that Tyndale can't provide what we need. This season CANNOT just go down the toilet. It's not too late by any means but we need a new import and we need one NOW. Not 18 weeks into the season... but RIGHT NOW. Even Boti Nagy, a rare "tell it like it is" basketball journalist, who is always reluctant to call for people heads to soon, is calling for the cut to be made. Let me make it clear that I do not believe that Tyndale is the only one to blame, but he is an import who is not producing.

Sixers front office: Bite the bullet, SHOW SOME BALLS, spend the money and get a new import before you lose any more fans and respect from the basketball public.

Please leave a comment or simply leave your name if you want to see this move made.

Topic #18030 | Report this topic

XztatiK  
Years ago

Which one of the other 10 threads does your opinion on Tyndale not fit in?

Reply #211637 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

It's never nice to say and no better when it's a young player in their first professional position, but I do agree with Boti on this: the team could improve their chances this year with a change of import.

Reply #211639 | Report this post

Jordan  
Years ago

Indeed, the time has come. He gave it a go, but it hasn't worked and a change is needed. Brad Hill played over 30 mins last night compared to 18-19 mins for Tyndale. As highly as I rate Brad Hill, he should not be playing starters minutes when one of the imports plays his primary position, and the fact that he did play so many minutes suggestes that even scottie is sick of Tyndale's lack of everything.

Reply #211645 | Report this post

Sector 7G  
Years ago

Tyndale - Welcome to Dumpsville.
Population: You.

Reply #211657 | Report this post

Black Dracula  
Years ago

I'm afraid to say that this year, it's not an under performing import that's the problem.

- Coach in his first season as head coach
- Plagued with injuries to key players
- Point guard inexperienced at pro level and suffers against pressure defense
- Hill given too many minutes, Cooper too few (Cooper is much more experienced).
- Seemingly no concept of sticking to their player and not letting them get open perimeter shots.
- Not enough effort to get the ball to Ballinger & Schenscher to try to work the post for easy baskets.

Cutting Tyndale at this point would be completely missing the point of why this team is under performing.

Reply #211662 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Your right, there are plenty of issue but a nothing import like Tyndale is making things even worse and a decent import would really improve this team.

Reply #211669 | Report this post

Aussiebballer  
Years ago

Cooper should not be on the court unless Holmes, Ballinger or Luke are in major foul trouble.
Give Balls and Luke 30-35 min and Holmes the rest plus some at SF.

Cooper makes it way to easy to double team other players as he has zero offense!!! He can't even make dunks or lay-ups regularly.

Reply #211676 | Report this post

david  
Years ago

Remember one thing before you critizice Tyndale a player needs the ball and the other players need to be ready to shoot. Last night I didnt think Tyndale was that bad yes he turned the ball over (not entirely his fault) and he never recieved it to do anyghing.

Reply #211677 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Mate this isn't just about last night, he very average the whole season.

Reply #211686 | Report this post

Big Marty  
Years ago

Suprisingly if you looked at the point average for the starting lineups for both the Dragons and Sixers, the Sixers lineup had all players beyond 13.5ppg

Unfortunately a simple stat like that is overshadowed by spectacular crap.

Bruce and Tyndale has the issue of playing on a smaller court. Bruce and Tyndale are trying backdoor passes on a court where the passing lanes are more restricted. I'm sure Bruce could be a 15/10 man easily in this league, but he probably needs 2-3 years in this league to adjust.

Big Luke has the unfortunate problem of being a dominate big man in a little man league. The Perth game was a clear example of what happens whenhe gets rolling; but unfortunately you can play against crap defense every night. The first quarter alone saw about 6-7 fouls that weren't called on the Dragons, including at least 3 shining dunks attempting to tip in which in any league should be called "offensive interference".

Ballinger currently has no fault; he is the best PF the league has by far and isn't being used properly. When he gets cut off when backing up, he has no people at the perimeter or 20' mark waiting for a pass. Considering Luke and Balls both pull at least 3 guys each now, you should have 2 guys ready to hit the 17ft shot or 3-ball right nearby.

Hill should be starting over Tyndale at the number 2. He needs more court exposure and it would be best to have him start and warm up rather than attempting to bring him off the bench to plug a sinking ship; since it tends to make matters worse. I personally think Hill has a good future but needs to be testing himself more with inside scoring and considering Tyndale's ups and downs, would probably be a better suit.

Davidson's only problem is injury. It would have been great to get Davidson while he was starting out with the Taipans rather than in the later years; but you can't win em' all.

Finally, I think more than anything; the reffing needs to be seriously looked at. Last season was a great example of poor calls and "blind-eye" calls.

If you want examples of Sixer games with bad calls, take the Taipans game the other week: Catalini would have been teched in any other league for trying to impose himself on the ref; Schensh was armbarred and nudged almost every offensive play.

If you want an example from Last Year; the Perth v. Adelaide game at Challenge Stadium when Hodge started. The final 8 seconds, Hodge was blocked, hacked on the 2nd attempt; Ballinger got the rebound; HE was hacked.. this resulted in a turnover and the 2pt loss.

Keep in mind these are Sixers examples of poor judgement. There are plenty of other examples that other people could field for any other team. I hope that this is something that gets looked at before next season as it degrades the look of the game.

Reply #211691 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

knew it was coming. The 36ers dont get a harder time from the refs then any other team. not by any stretch of the imagination

Reply #211722 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I love how the referees are continually blamed for sixer losses.

Reply #211767 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:20 pm, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754