SKUX101
Years ago

Aaron Brooks-Going Under the Radar?

Aaron Brooks is a star. And when i mean a star, i mean a very very good player. I watched his game against the Suns the other night. In the 1st half, T-MAC struggled and Artest went 1-7. Enter Aaron Brooks. The kid comes on and gets 11 points in no time, including a block that saw him pinn Grant Hill's layup against the backboard.
Personally, I think Brooks is going under the radar. The guy can really play, and he is a flat out scorer. What does everything think of him? I reckon he can be an all-star in a few years time.

Topic #18049 | Report this topic

Surmdog  
Years ago

hell yeah i agree.
i called him in the all rookie team last year which was way to premature he didnt get on the court enough.
i seen him play in college he is a flat out gun needs more minutes can score at will for a man around 6 foot seems to get off what ever shot he wants.
future is very bright for this young man

Reply #211980 | Report this post

frogger  
Years ago

he has great hops for a 6 footer (on a good day) - seen some great alleys finished off by him. add to that his speed and ability to splash the 3 and hes a pretty potent offensive player. he does seem to struggle a bit on defense though, but not for lack of effort- moreso just his height. a contender for 6th man of the year / most improved?

Reply #211988 | Report this post

gav  
Years ago

He is a gunner. Bit early for the call on star me thinks. Would like to see how he goes in isos against a bigger guard.
Did he have tryouts with Brad Newley in training camps....thought I remembered seeing him burn him a few times in trials.

Reply #212025 | Report this post

frogger  
Years ago

with alston suspended for 2 games lets see how brooksy fares as he is the obvious choice to start at pg.

Reply #212061 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 1:28 pm, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754