clitoris
Years ago

Official: Julius Hodge Signed

I dont care if its been mentioned, this news deserves as many threads as possible.

Topic #18065 | Report this topic

gg  
Years ago

yep it happened

Reply #212182 | Report this post

clitoris  
Years ago

wat do u reckon Hodge's stats will be for his first game. i predict

26pnts, 8 rebs and 6 assists

Reply #212185 | Report this post

gg  
Years ago

i predict they will be better than tyndales last game of 3 points and 7 turnovers

Reply #212186 | Report this post

starscream3030  
Years ago

this is all our dreams coming true we should be unstoppable now, the tab will get a flood of 6ers for the championship bets now

Reply #212188 | Report this post

Black Dracula  
Years ago

I wish "official" announcements would at least have a link to them.

Reply #212193 | Report this post

Nino  
Years ago

And to find out its official via the female anatemy!

Reply #212194 | Report this post

skip  
Years ago

Both channel 7 & 9 said the club had confirmed the signing to them late this afternoon.

Good enough for me, but it would be nice to see something on the 36ers site.

Reply #212196 | Report this post

Jc  
Years ago

I'd like to thank to big man upstairs God for sending the messiah back to the 36ers

Reply #212199 | Report this post

scooby  
Years ago

Whats the chances of getting a ticket at the door next sat nite?

Reply #212200 | Report this post

Punter  
Years ago

TAB online betting for the NBL championship is currently suspended.

Reply #212202 | Report this post

Big Ads  
Years ago

Nice.

Reply #212203 | Report this post

david  
Years ago

This still doesnt make you unstoppable this is only one peice of the puzzle you still have gaping problems that need to be adressed!

Reply #212204 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I just bet with Sportingbet.com.au at $34 for the Sixers to win the championship.. had no problem!

Reply #212205 | Report this post

skip  
Years ago

Reply #212209 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The funny thing is that in the offseason all Sixers fans were looking at Schencher , Bruce and Hodge as: How awesome would that be!!...but its just not gonna happen and now they are all here in Adelaide!

Reply #212210 | Report this post

DDFan  
Years ago

Anonymous #212210, you're a ledge. I take back everything I've ever said about you.

Reply #212212 | Report this post

Jonno  
Years ago

AWESOME, im so pumped, that is true we basically have what everyone thought was the dream 36ers team now signing Schenscher, Bruce, Holmes and now getting Hodge back!
Also credit where credit is due, great job by 36ers management/owners and also the coaches, have been criticised by many lately but look to have handled this one beautifully, getting Hodge back!
I think it will pay off for them too as the crowd numbers will prob raise from 3000-4000 to 6000ish a game, given what happened last season!

Reply #212213 | Report this post

Anon 212210  
Years ago

Uuuh, DDfan what are you talking about mate?

Jonno I agree about the crowds rising heaps with hodge but the current crowds are more like 4000-5000 not 3000-4000.

Reply #212215 | Report this post

skip  
Years ago

So, How does this affect our starting line up. Providing everyone is fit come friday..

C - Schenscher
PF - Ballinger
SF - Holmes
SG - Hodge
PG - Davidson

BENCH
Maher
Bruce
Hill
Winitana
Cooper

Thats what I would like to see.

Reply #212221 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I am confused! Phil says he is here, but the release says he is flying in on Monday?

Reply #212223 | Report this post

DDFan  
Years ago

Anon #212210:
"Uuuh, DDfan what are you talking about mate?"

Mind your freak'n business, I was talk'n to Anonymous #212210.

Reply #212226 | Report this post

joshuapending  
Years ago

great news now its official you think that starting lineup will be able to get a rebound or two ;-) i dont have expectations of near triple doubles like we saw last time as we now have a deeper roster. I think its just great that it gives us a real sense of positivity and purpose and hopefully his face in the paper and on tv will get those extra people back.

Reply #212232 | Report this post

BettyLeadfoot  
Years ago

Congrats for doing what had to be done and securing Hodge. Can not wait for next home game. I for one will be giving Hodge a standing ovation for returning.

Reply #212234 | Report this post

hooked  
Years ago

that starting line up will bring excitement back to the dome!

Reply #212235 | Report this post

AK-47  
Years ago

With the signing of Hodge expected to bring bigger crowds i think that will help the Dome come back to its fearful and intimidating best! Should be fun!

Reply #212236 | Report this post

fess  
Years ago

Cant wait to see how fickle some of the fans are if Hodge starts slowly,recall last years posts after first game about cant shoot, worst shooting style,what was Phil thinking all the reports say he cant shoot well, etc, then after 3 triple doubles became the messiah. I cant wait to see him in action again for us but lets hope we can get enough fit players around him.

Reply #212237 | Report this post

Fritz  
Years ago

Learn the rules Fess!!!

In Adelaide
If you can play
you can stay.

The Bandwagon train is now leaving the station, and
there is 8000 36ers fans looking on the ground for
the ticket they threw away so they can jump back on.

Go you sixers!!

Reply #212240 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Great signing and awesome to have him back. However, some people seem to think that this is automatically gonna make us a contender...putting bets on for the 'ship is going a bit far in my opinion. Nevertheless we can hope for the best, and no doubt we will be better with hodge than with tyndale.

Reply #212241 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

Still a long way to go to win the 'ship. A few dollars at 34 to 1, may as well, if your a sixers supporter. The way he plays, is going to be a big help to all our other players. Will be very intersesting to watch it.

Reply #212245 | Report this post

Spinner  
Years ago

Does anybody know how long he has signed for?

Reply #212246 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

Not sure on that, Spinner.
I remember well, him saying how much he liked playing and living here, and with Ballinger nearing naturalisation, be good to have him, for a few seasons. He did say he would like to do that, after his NBA stint.

Reply #212247 | Report this post

Herka  
Years ago

im a perth supportor but this is super news for this league !!! with the Gold coast getting wins with Bowen on board all sides think they are a chance to make the six !!! Basketball is alive and well !!! let the games begin !!

Reply #212249 | Report this post

XztatiK  
Years ago

Skip, I would rather see:

C-Schensch
PF-Balls
SF-Jules
SG-Maher
PG-Bruce when fit

For a bit more 3pt power and with Jake still playing 30+ mins anyway.

Reply #212254 | Report this post

Jc  
Years ago

I wouldn't start Bruce we have more better players that we should be starting

Reply #212256 | Report this post

skip  
Years ago

Not sure where that extra 3 point power is coming from.

This seasons 3 Point shooting percentage...

Bruce 27%
Maher 31%

Davidson 36%
Holmes 44%

Jacob is having probably having his best season to date so far and when Davidson is on the court, everything just looks more in control. Both of them should be out there.

I dont think Maher should be out there at the start, he needs to be kept on the pine until the game settles down a bit more and Bruce I think needs to have his minutes reduced a little bit for a while. He needs to have the pressure taken off him slghtly.

Reply #212257 | Report this post

tickle  
Years ago

I am so happy. Best news ever.

I'm trying to drag about 10 friends and family to the Dome on Saturday.

Reply #212264 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

fess, I doubt he is expected to make miracles happen for the first few games. Give him time to settle. If the "fickle" fans of Adelaide expect him to make an impact straight away, then they are expecting too much. After all, although he has played here, the team is slightly different to last season. It was only the last few games last season that we started to realise that the season could have been quite differenct with him here earlier. This season we do have a bit more time on our hands.

Reply #212269 | Report this post

Mutley  
Years ago

It will be interesting, as last season Hodge came in as an unknown (apart from getting shot), and with very little pressure on him. Now, he is a known quantity, and we seem to think he's going to be the messiah.

Great work by Sixers management in moving quickly and getting their guy. The pressure is now back on Ninnis and the players to perform to expectations.

Reply #212272 | Report this post

DDFan  
Years ago

With Mutley. He'll be scouted alright, but the good news, is that he's had pros building on his game from the second he landed back in the US.
EC, the 36ers have undergone MASSIVE (not slight) changes since last season. Another concern, is that he's entering a more even & stronger league, but like Mutley said, he's unrealistically EXPECTED to lead us to a title. One of the aspects that Jules enjoyed about Adelaide, was being given the freedom to play in his natural position (Europe made him play out of position & as a passer only), given a green light to go with his strengths, & being given time to work on his weaknesses. Scottie's now possibly under MORE pressure to get IMMEDIATE results (no-one seriously talked the title when Jules landed last season) from a PROVEN product. Unfortunately, Jules is jumping straight into a team whose confidence is shattered, & under extreme scrutiny (last season, it was all Phil & Mike's fault) from the fans.
My "biggest" disappointment this season, is the Phil always took it on the chin FOR THE TEAM. From Scottie's post-game media releases that I've seen, he hasn't shown that strength of character.
Lov'n Jules returning, but let him bring it at his pace & time to adjust. He'll get it done, I have no doubt about that, but please, let it happen.

Reply #212280 | Report this post

STAT  
Years ago

This is such awesome news i knew those season tickets were worth keeping a little longer.

Has anyone thought about what we will do if/when Balls naturalises?

Will we axe someone for a second import? If so who do we cut? my thoughts are for Winetana to be the first to go. Would Luke Jackson or David Noel still be looking for some action then?

Reply #212285 | Report this post

tickle  
Years ago

I think Julius can handle the pressure of being hailed as the messiah. He was big man on campus at NC State for four years...

Reply #212289 | Report this post

Jc  
Years ago

I agree with STAT Winetana should be next to go

Reply #212290 | Report this post

KingJames  
Years ago

Give Winitana a break, just see how he goes with Hodge in there. He will be playing the rest of the season as the Sixers will not be getting another import this season when Balls becomes naturalised.

Reply #212295 | Report this post

Dana  
Years ago

Hope to see Phil Smyth at the game when Hodge plays.
They would be on good terms I'd reckon.

Reply #212297 | Report this post

STAT  
Years ago

KingJames im dont have anything against Winitana. In fact i was pumped when we signed him that we would finally have an energy player that could excite the fans and fire up the boys on game day. Im just saying that if we were lookin at another import he would be my choice to be cut because he hasnt done anything of value this season.

Reply #212305 | Report this post

Dana  
Years ago

C'mon Adam...you can do it. *sigh* my hero. ;)

Reply #212420 | Report this post

Dana  
Years ago

DJ the enforcer...

Reply #212427 | Report this post

Dana  
Years ago

OOps wrong thread Doh!!!

Reply #212430 | Report this post

DDFan  
Years ago

Lay off DJ, I like the guy.

How do you like your Porterhouse mate? : )

Reply #212485 | Report this post

hooked  
Years ago

who's bagging aaron bruce now... 14 assists against GC and with hodge on board his numbers will rise

Reply #212502 | Report this post

XztatiK  
Years ago

DD I like my porterhouse rare, I mean really rare, more rare than a day without you posting a joke that I don't get.

skip, don't try to tell me Jake is a better shooter than Maher. The ability to switch between Jake and Brett as starters on any given night could be a weapon though.

Reply #212524 | Report this post

DDFan  
Years ago

Xztatik behave, I was talk'n to the Melbourne based DJ. The bloke that had an Adelaide 36ers web-site, probably before you were born. Heard of him?

Reply #212528 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

DD, how old do you think DJ is? Have you seen him?

Reply #212596 | Report this post

skip  
Years ago

Xztatik - Burdon is probably a better shot than most of the team, but you arent gonna start him either.

Reply #212598 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

I think DD might have met DJ (who hadn't posted in this thread when DD thought his name came up). I'd say the reference is to the age of the site, not DJ's age. Anyway, Dana was talking about Daniel Joyce.

Reply #212601 | Report this post

DDFan  
Years ago

So true Isaac, & EC, the bus trip that I spoke of, would've been the one where I caught up with both you, & in Melbourne, DJ.

Thanks for the back up Isaac.

Can someone help me out with the site that DJ had? Not that the site was forgettable, but it's now obvious, that I'm challenged in BOTH short AND longer-term memory. ; )

Reply #212612 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

It was called Sixers Lounge and DJ has kept it up as bit of an archive to this day. Can be a bit of fun to trawl back through the old info to remember the players and notable games.

I wish the NBL maintained a history section that covered notable games, blurbs on each season, and so on.

Reply #212633 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

Agreed Isaac, even stats from previous years are hard to find..

Reply #212642 | Report this post

DDFan  
Years ago

Sixers Lounge, of course. Thanks Isaac, it's now bookmarked & should save you guys putting up with me for a few hours. : )

Great work DJ.

Reply #212682 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 2:48 am, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754