Who is the best player in the NBL?

With the awesome news that Brooklyn Jesus is returning to Adelaide to save our dying championship attempts it got me thinking to who the best player(s) in the NBL are. Its hard to make a definate decision trying to take into account all positions and the different skills they bring to the game. I couldnt make a decision on a single player so i thought id ask the most learned basketball people there are...my fellow hoops.com junkies.

Shortlist: (in no particlular order)
Kirk Penney - he is tearing appart every defense in the league atm for a pretty 26.3ppt

Chris Anstey - as much as i hate the dude he is still doing his thing this year 21.3ppt and 11.3rbd

Luke Schenscher - the big fella started slowly but is now dominating the low post for the mighty 6ers 17.7ppg and 9.7rbg

the list goes on an i really cant be bothered writing the stats so heres the rest lol

Ebi Ere, Shawn Redhage, Balls, Corey Williams and Daniel Joyce :P (well at least he likes to think so lol)

Topic #18076 | Report this topic

Skink  
Years ago

if your going by scoring and team wins, penny would have it hands down dont you think?

Reply #212486 | Report this post

Chewy  
Years ago

Julius Hodge.

Reply #212488 | Report this post

The Minx  
Years ago

Its hard to compare guys in different positions.

Center - would have to say anstey, has the all-round game at NBL level to be the best 5 man in the comp.

PF - I give this one to Ballinger, can score in more ways then any other PF in the league

SF - Hodge, combination of length and quickness make him impossible to guard for virtually every NBL player

SG - at the moment you would have to pick Penney, his team is on top of the table and he is scoring big, would have given this to Ebi last year but he isn't doing as well well this season so far

PG - Probabaly the toughest one to pick but I think CJ gets the Nod due to the success of his team. Homicide is probably the next in line but I still give to CJ as he is averaging better assist numbers and has a jumpshot. Hinson would probably come in behind these 2.

Reply #212489 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

worthington is better than ballinger sorry!

hodge is best player in the nbl unstoppable in this league

Reply #212506 | Report this post

XztatiK  
Years ago

Wortho better than Ballinger?!? haha. No.

1. Julius Hodge
2. Chris Anstey
3. Kirk Penney
4. Adam Ballinger
5. Sean Redhage

By position:

Centre:
1. C.Anstey
2. L.Schenscher
3. R.Rickert
4. J.Khazzouh
5. N.Horvath

Power Forward:
1. A.Ballinger
2. S.Redhage
3. M.Worthington
4. R.Ellis
5. L.Abney

Small Forward:
1. J.Hodge
2. J.Ingles
3. S.Mackinnon
4. R.Grizzard
5. L.Rush

Shooting Guard:
1. K.Penney
2. E.Ere
3. C.Groves
4. J.Harvey
5. D.Barlow

Point Guard:
1. C.Bruton
2. C.Williams
3. D.Hinson
4. A.Bruce
5. K.Franklin

Now i'm tired...

Reply #212520 | Report this post

AK-47  
Years ago

XztatiK's list looks on the money to me.

Id take Ballinger over Wortho but only just.

Reply #212521 | Report this post

justin  
Years ago

Yeah that list is pretty good, however I wouldn't put Groves in going on his last few seasons

Reply #212526 | Report this post

Henry  
Years ago

C: Anstey
PF: Wortho
SF: Ere
SG:Penney
PG:CJ

Reply #212527 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Pero

Reply #212540 | Report this post

TheFansMan  
Years ago

Anstey
Wortho
Hodge
Penney
Homicide

Reply #212574 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

Watching, last season, I would say Julius Hodge.
And, looks like, working with the nets, he's improved

Reply #212575 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Bruton over Williams. Townsville seem to bench Williams at the end of games - wonder if there are issues up there with parts of his game?

Reply #212579 | Report this post

Steveo  
Years ago

Hodge cannot not even shoot from from 5 feet or more out so how is he in the top 5.............

Reply #212581 | Report this post

DICKO  
Years ago

Doesn't matter how he gets the points.....He gets em

Reply #212582 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 1:23 am, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754