Anonymous
Years ago

Any chance hodge will stay more than 1 year?

Is there any chance that Hodge will stay for more than just this season or can't we afford him for a FULL season? (I'm assuming hes only signed for this year so far).

Topic #18088 | Report this topic

Meaks  
Years ago

Anything is possible.... Any contract would have to be with an NBA out clause....

Reply #212648 | Report this post

david  
Years ago

Doubt it he wants to be in the nba badly

Reply #212651 | Report this post

SKUX101  
Years ago

'Anything is Possible'-KG

Reply #212653 | Report this post

Nino  
Years ago

Yeah david, hence the NBA out clause. From the 36ers point of view, we would most probably have to play the same waiting game to hear if he has been cut from a NBA roster or actually made it. Risky stuff, then again, with the same situation arising and Hodge making the NBA, that would mean someone else just missed out, who we could go after. So many variables, but something to think about I guess, great type of player to have around with a new league upon us!

Reply #212679 | Report this post

Jordan  
Years ago

The chances of Hodge cracking the NBA again are pretty low now. He's had two cracks at it, and missed out. I know he came close to making Jersey's roster this year, but realistically that was probably his last chance.

Furthermore, his stats with us last year were approx 25ppg, 9rpg and 6 apg. He will probably struggle to replicate those stats this year given we have a stronger & deeper team this season. So, all up, the NBA is extremely unlikely IMHO.

As he has previously indicated his dislike of Europe, he would have to be a real chance to stay in Australia long-term. The issue would be whether we could afford him however, especially since Shameless McPeake & his money-spending Tigers have a lot of interest in Julius.

Reply #212689 | Report this post

DDFan  
Years ago

Jordan:
"The issue would be whether we could afford him however, especially since Shameless McPeake & his money-spending Tigers have a lot of interest in Julius".

I heard the same rumblings about the Tigs, which has me even more blown away that we landed him this year. It must say a lot about him & his family's love of Adelaide.

Sorry to tell you that david.

Reply #212703 | Report this post

Nino  
Years ago

Well we got lucky though, lets be honest. Tigers went ahead and signed their full roster including high priced imports. Then we went and signed a clear cut DUD (so decision to cut him was a no brainer), and when Julius got cut close to opening night in the NBA, this all coupled with limited options availale in Europe made it a perfect fit for both!

Reply #212733 | Report this post

Years ago

What happens if he gets a 10 day call up for the NBA during this season. Does he have an out clause? I would think his agent would make sure of that. No mention by Boti though.

Reply #212734 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 5:19 am, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754