Anonymous
Years ago

36ers vs Dragons

It's 36ers vs Dragons, Adelaide vs (South) Melbourne, Goorgian vs Ninnis and most importantly Julius Hodge's return. All this in front of a 6,000+ strong crowd. I think Adelaide will be able to ride the emotional tidal wave and get the win but that might be being a bit too positive seeing we are facing the ladder leading Dragons. What do other people think. Would it be better for the Dragons to get the win over NZ tonight or lose? Who's going to win? How many people will be there? Will Goorgian's arse come into contact with the bench at any stage? Discuss.

Topic #18123 | Report this topic

Jc  
Years ago

sixers by 6, 7072 crowd

Reply #213052 | Report this post

Kobe-for-MVP  
Years ago

going to be close

crowd: 6501

Reply #213053 | Report this post

david  
Years ago

You reckon after the drubbing you got last time against South's 3rd unit basically you think Hodge will be that big a difference. Like dont get me wrong he will be a difference and be better for you but he has only been here a few days and needs to learn maybe a updated version of their offense/defense and palyers tenedencies.

Dragons by 6

Reply #213056 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

How much can the dome actually hold? I have read and heard 7,800 several times but the last game of last season there was 7,000 people at the game but the announcer said it was a sellout.

Crowd of 6,600 I reckon.

Sixers by 4.

Reply #213058 | Report this post

Kobe-for-MVP  
Years ago

(Mod: Careful of spoilers please!)

Reply #213059 | Report this post

vanexel31  
Years ago

reminds me of the kings sixers game last season. dragons top of table as were kings, both Goorgian coached teams. hopefully a similar result with us recording a 20 point win in front of a large crowd. I think this game will show how good or bad of a coach Ninnis is, due to the fact we have a full squad, home court advantage and massive crowd. With these factors I dont believe we can make any more excuses if we lose, besides the one of Hodge still getting used to system and new faces.

Reply #213061 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

no spoilers thanks kobe, the games on TV later u silly man and some people might wanna watch it.

Reply #213062 | Report this post

Kobe-for-MVP  
Years ago

wtf really?

what channel.

amazing something being shown.

sorry.

Reply #213063 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Fox at around 9 or later I think.

Reply #213066 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

now worries kobe, its a Maori tv game being re-broadcast on FOX at around 9 or 10.

Reply #213069 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

do u have fox kobe?

Reply #213071 | Report this post

Kobe-for-MVP  
Years ago

yeah i do

just dont figure to check for games anymore. lol

sad times

Reply #213073 | Report this post

rookie  
Years ago

Would be great to get a win against dragons but i feel it will be a big task considering we play Sydney in Sydney the night before and fatigue may become a factor due to how physical the dragons play.I have my fingers and toes crossed go 6ers!

Reply #213075 | Report this post

RMM  
Years ago

Hmmmm Boy Goorj to actually sit down? I heard odds are paying $151 for that to happen...

ALthough be careful because we can often get his rear end easily mistaken by his ass crack face.

After all, who else can wear the name tag... "Dick with ears" so elequently?!?!

Reply #213077 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

But Dragons will have played against NZ 2 nights previous (much tougher than Sydney) in NZ (much more travel than from Sydney) so it should be fairly even on the fatigue front.

Reply #213078 | Report this post

DDFan  
Years ago

Holy Shit!!! Will I be able to catch the 2nd 1/2 at the Bombay? I'm 10 minutes away.

Reply #213087 | Report this post

XztatiK  
Years ago

You guys do realise the 6ers have a game before this, right? lol.

Reply #213093 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

Yes, there is a game before this one, but this one is against the 'Goons and Julius' first home game...

Ju Le Us (clap, clap, clap) Ju Le Us (clap, clap, clap)

Reply #213105 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

I reckon a Julius Hodge moonwalk after a goal would bring the house down

Reply #213106 | Report this post

Nino  
Years ago

Ahh David, the offense is very simple that the 36ers play. Julius Hodge is used to having to come in and make an impact imediately, that trait almost got him a roster spot in the NBA this season. Dragons will be exploited as simply a team that has peaked nice and early in the season. They didnt impress me against a horrible 36er team the other week, look ordinary lastnight. In fact the only thing theyve done thats impressed me this year is keep Cairns to 65 was it....thing is, Cairns have since shown they cant score PERIOD!

Tigers will get it together, Breakers offense will have them up the top, Hodge makes us a contender, but im not quite sure about the Dragons....yet

36ers by 10-15

Reply #213107 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Travelling on day of game os always tough.

I know Dragons travel today but to travel from Syd on game day isnt great news for Sixers.

Dragons to win simply due to this.

Reply #213111 | Report this post

Nino  
Years ago

They arent travelling via wheel and cart! This wont be an issue IMO as professional athletes this is just part of the job description. And if you want to get real technical, Id probably prefer travelling from Sydney on Game day, than travel from NZ (5hour flight) the day before with the 3 hour time difference etc

But at no point will this be a issue for either team. 6ers will be more than up for this one, the players know how packed the stadium is going to be with fans, and they feel they owe the Dragons anyways after the last effort.

Reply #213115 | Report this post

Years ago

BIG 2 games coming up for the Sixers. Grab them both and it sets up their season, split them and they're still in danger, drop them both and it's lights out.

Reply #213119 | Report this post

DDFan  
Years ago

XztatiK:

"You guys do realise the 6ers have a game before this, right? lol."

I'm gonna get Oscar's autograph Sat night. 9 defensive rebounds last night, just what we need.
He'll be pretty tired playing 3 nights in a row.

Reply #213142 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Oscar had 13 defensive rebounds last night. X is talking about the 36ers playing the Spirit tonight, before they play the Dragons tomorrow. Not sure what relevance that has to Oscar.

Reply #213153 | Report this post

DDFan  
Years ago

: )

Reply #213155 | Report this post

XztatiK  
Years ago

"Not sure what relevance that has to Oscar."

lol, Glad I'm not the only one.

Reply #213157 | Report this post

kman  
Years ago

last night with New Zealand taking down the dragons it showed how fortunate they are to be the top of the ladder team, the breakers showed us exactly what we need to do to shut them down. I think we will win in a very physical game by 8-14, cant wait for it.

Reply #213183 | Report this post

DDFan  
Years ago

My bad guys. When there was talk of spoilers, I assumed our game was on last night. Headed off to the Bombay, missed the game, but bought a $20 Rolex from a nice young man, & won the meat tray.
Top night out.

Reply #213194 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 2:58 pm, Wed 24 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754