Anonymous
Years ago

For Sale - Fridge and Washing Machine

Hi!

I'm trying to sell a fridge and a washing machine. Both about 1 year old.

fridge - good brand (can't remember which - I am on the other side of the world from it). Capacity about 210L (so mid-sized). Freezer on top. $250

Washing machine. Panasonic I believe. Fully electronic. Has delayed washes (up to 18 hours). $250

Both in excellent nick. If you're interested e-mail me at [email protected]

Thanks!

Topic #18126 | Report this topic

Cat in the Hat  
Years ago

Maybe ballerbands wants them.

Reply #213082 | Report this post

XztatiK  
Years ago

lol, beat me to it cat.

Reply #213094 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

He could buy both, cool down and clean up his act.

As an aside for those following along at home, here's my thinking on these threads: the For Sale category was started a fair while ago as a place for regulars, contributing to the community over the years, to get some help selling their car or whatever else. The OP here is one of those regulars who has been a valuable contributor. Over time, there have been some less-than-regulars or outsiders taking advantage of it, but it's hard to assess every post like that. Perhaps someone has no known alias, but has been reading for years - it's not always easy to tell.

Now, 'For Sale' posts should absolutely not take over the forum and I'd really prefer them to not carry the same "weight" in the index as a regular basketball topic. But filtering them out means they're largely useless to regulars using them - who's going to check the For Sale category regularly to see if there's anything new? Show them in the index but as a different colour or smaller font (have tried that before) and they actually stand out more.

I'm happy to hear suggestions about all of this. One idea I had was to filter them from the forum index, but show a little count (e.g., For Sale (2)) of recent posts beside the category name so users had a visual cue, but without having to click in to browse if they weren't interested.

Reply #213112 | Report this post

Wayville 55  
Years ago

I don't see any problem with the current format. There are not too many that it does take up basketball topic space (IMO).

Reply #213114 | Report this post

ballerbands  
Years ago

This issac bloke is actually pretty switched on...for all my rants and raves he still actually got the point of what i was saying! heres an idea send the people a link to ebay and carry on with your great site only showing the interesting threads. they are going to get way more potential buyers and traffic there anyway!! no offence

Most of you are still losers but even you guys thought of what I was saying when you saw this thread!! i mean honestly cars, fridges, washing machines....pffffttt.

Reply #213146 | Report this post

JD  
Years ago

And you visited this thread why exactly?!? lol

Reply #213150 | Report this post

bbgun  
Years ago

You could also lock the For Sale threads when they're first put up. If anyone is interested in the item they can contact the owner directly via email and the banter that's been going on recently is stopped.

Reply #213164 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

If I am interested in them, should I make out the cheque to Anonymous?

Reply #213166 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

The name is pretty obvious from their email address. You might remember them from their ABL days with South.

Reply #213168 | Report this post

Grote 34  
Years ago

I'd suggest making it out to Aaron Lockyer, EC.

Reply #213169 | Report this post

XztatiK  
Years ago

[email protected]?

Could be anyone.

Reply #213170 | Report this post

SVD  
Years ago

I really don't mind the For Sale thread and way offtopic stuff.

I was gonna ask the other day if anyone played the bass guitar but felt it was too offtopic. After seeing ballerbands going a bit mental I didn't to bother everyone with it ... I knew if I really wanted to I wouldn't have annoyed everyone too much.

Reply #213177 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

SVD, I figure if it's been a while since the last offtopic thread, you can probably squeeze in a new one. If the week's already had a few, then wait a bit.

Reply #213182 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

XztatiK - c'mon! I'm not just anyone.

I'm kind of a big deal around here. People know me.

Reply #213272 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 3:11 pm, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754