david
Years ago

Crowd Averages

Taken off south dragons den website (in order of highest totaol)

2008/2009 NBL CROWD

AVERAGES ADELAIDE 36ERS 4,490.40

SOUTH DRAGONS 4,444.70

TOWNSVILLE CROCS 4,198.50

PERTH WILDCATS 4,160.42

NEWZEALAND BREAKERS 3,633

CAIRNS TAIPANS 3,538

GOLD COAST BLAZE 2,824

MELBOURNE TIGERS 2,486.75

WOLLONGONG HAWKS 2,466

SYDNEY SPIRIT 1,504.16

Check out the website if your a dragons fan.

http://www.freewebs.com/southdragons/20082009crowdaverages.htm

Topic #18139 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Melbourne Tigers crowds should be SOOO much better!

Reply #213346 | Report this post

DDFan  
Years ago

Dragons crowds should be so much better too. The cross town derby would've given their average a handy boost.
They're doing everything right with advertising, winning, & being centrally located, so what's the problem?

Reply #213349 | Report this post

Bizzy  
Years ago

Tigers average of 2486 is almost a sell out isn't it? Doesn't the Netball Centre only hold 3000?

Reply #213352 | Report this post

david  
Years ago

3500 from memory but thats ridiclious crowd average for Melbourne Tigers the best run NBL club supposedly its bullshit. Just saying in the new league dragons should have preference they nearly double Melbournes crap crowd numbers

Reply #213354 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Are NZ really averaging 3500+? I'm not so sure.

Reply #213373 | Report this post

curtley  
Years ago

good to see ye olde spirit are doing so well, haha, its laughable. Put any soulless team in a place thats hard to get to and the same would apply to them.

Reply #213374 | Report this post

DDFan  
Years ago

Your point cutley? That soulless team's beaten us twice this season.

Reply #213525 | Report this post

Crooked  
Years ago

Very feasable NZ are averaging 3500+ as they have had two bumper 4500+ crowds. Amazing what a few wins can do!

Reply #213564 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Are you sure? Does their venue even hold 4,500? I think 3,500 might be full capacity at North Shore.

Reply #213605 | Report this post

hayden  
Years ago

well i just wanted to clarify some of the questions possed as i run the dragons den. Firstly the cage hold 3,500. NZ has only recorded two games so it is very likely there is selective information distribution to make there crowds look much larger.
And unfortuntly the dragons are just not able tyo egt the crowds we deserve. I think it is the fact that we always play when the tigers are which does split many. also it is so poorly advertised by the league that many don't even know it's on. There is only so much the dragons can do in way of publicising. And lastly many see this season a irrelavant, and that is a shame as we are playing so well.

Reply #213916 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:09 am, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754