Anonymous
Years ago

PJ Carlisimo Fired - Too Many Coach Sackings

The OKC Thunder have just fired head coach PJ Carlesimo after slumping to a 1-13 record. I don't understand why they did this for 2 reason. Firstly, the Thunder are going to struggle all year with the roster that they've got and it's hardly PJ's fault IMO. NO coach is going to take a few good rookies and a bunch of role players/duds very far. And secondly, they haven't got anyone better to replace him with, they've just moved their assistant coach into the head job for the rest of the year. Is it me or do the NBA GMs just sack their coaches as a knee-jerk reaction when they are not winning. Lots of the time I think, yes, that was a good decision but sometimes it just doesn't make sense and the coach turnover rate in the NBA is just ridiculous IMO.

Topic #18160 | Report this topic

david  
Years ago

Well this was made as it was obvious through the past week or so that the players were just not responding to him so they needed a change. But I agree its not always the coaches fault they try their hardest and GM's do kneejerk reactions but tis life.

Reply #213589 | Report this post

Quagmire  
Years ago

Eddie Jords just got boned from the wizards...

The ig question now is... who is out there ready to start coaching?

Does the little General Avery J have a shot? No way he could handle the chaos that Arenas brings to a court...

Who else is out there?

Reply #213783 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:18 pm, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754