Sledging
Years ago

Sledging - What is Allowed?

Last Thursday I played in a social basketball game.

One of our younger players rejected/blocked an opponent twice in a row, and then the opponent was disposed. The young player said to his opponent in a cocky manner "Had enough yet". The opponent lost it and went for the young player saying : I'll f**king kill you. He had to be restrained by his own players.
The ref heard the opponent, and tech fouled the player.

In cricket you have sledging. My son has played in Melbourne tournaments, and there a lot gets said between the players, evan from a young age of under 12's.

As a relatively new player to the game, what are the rules as to sledging? Is it allowed?

If so, what are the good sledges made in the past.

Topic #18176 | Report this topic

XztatiK  
Years ago

This "opponent" sounds like Russ Hinder.

Reply #213737 | Report this post

Years ago

should have been reported -

Reply #213754 | Report this post

some little dude tried to post me up once so i blocked him and told him never try to post me up again and cos he was little and i was heaps better than him he couldnt do anything lol

Reply #213773 | Report this post

MC  
Years ago

Best I heard was a poor guy who had at least 5 of his shots blocked during the game in question, blocked a guy twice his height and yelled out "Get that shit out of here!"

Very next play same guy got blocked out of court to which the response was "Get THAT shit outta here, and when you go to primary school tomorrow, tell all your mates that you got to play with the big boys last night!"

Reply #213775 | Report this post

Boost  
Years ago

I was watching a social game at St Clair, of which a current womens ABL ref was playing ("Denny"). A younger kid went to shoot the ball of which "Denny" proceeded to block the shot. He then "seemingly" felt bad, so he re-gathered the ball and said to the younger kid to have another shot. He then proceeded to block that shot out of court.

One of the funniest and saddest things i had ever seen.

Reply #213891 | Report this post

Was the tiny kid you, Boost

Reply #213893 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Its social so you can't blame the guys who can't compete at the district level for yelling out "eat it!!!" at someone half there size.

Reply #214538 | Report this post

anon  
Years ago

if ya a certain moron who likes to sledge and gets away with it - no limits as clubs ignore the goons.
no place for the motor mouths who talk garbage - know who they are and losers with not any respect for

Reply #215361 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 1:11 pm, Thu 18 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754