summerton
? screen
? foley

plenty of time for some young guns to push

plenty of time for a young unkown to make a stand

Topic #18177 | Report this topic

ankles  
Years ago

Francis, Tolo, Tippett amongst the emerging bigs. Wouldn't be surprised if we are without Taylor, Snell, Harrower and Cox.

What about emerging perimeter players?

Reply #213780 | Report this post

agree  
Years ago

Ebzery and Hunt doing ok if they continue to develop. Not many other options in WNBL at moment for outside players.
Agree Francis, Tolo, Tippett, and possibly Cambage if the attitude can be sorted. Four years is a long time and if she learns to play with the attention she gets from opposition she could be a great asset by then. No others from current AIS crop would be currently looking like they have it...

Reply #213787 | Report this post

The Journo  
Years ago

London 2012 squad
GUARDS: Phillips, Camino, Foley, Hunt, Perera.
FORWARDS: Taylor, Snell, Summerton, Francis, Cox.
CENTRES: Jackson, Bishop, Tolo, Cambrage.

Reply #213790 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I would put Mcleod in there before hunt and perera. Even O'hea

Reply #213798 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

Cayla Francis.

Reply #213808 | Report this post

The Journo  
Years ago

yes, good call anon, agree with that one for sure.

Reply #213810 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I think foley needs to leave australia in the next couple of years if she wants to make it. Needs to develope her game with a bit more international experience like the others are already doing

Reply #213852 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Agreed. Although i was extremely happy she stayed with us at the lightning, i thought it was a pretty silly move to stay considering she didnt make the olympic team. This season would have been a good one for her to go over seas with the rest of them!

Reply #213854 | Report this post

--  
Years ago

What about Hollie Grima and Emma Randall? They have been tearing it up overseas without getting much notice, and most people forget they are both only(around?) 23 or 24 years old. Even Nat Porter should still be in with a chance, has she gone overseas this season as well?

Only good things can come from the amount of players leaving AUS to get some real basketball experience overseas. I think Graffie (or maybe Timmsy or Tom Maher?!) will have a bloody hard time deciding between them.

Reply #213866 | Report this post

mike thibault  
Years ago

i like the Graf / Bishop Caps connection....

Reply #213912 | Report this post

scooby  
Years ago

the journo,

Im pretty happy with that. But dont count out Gretel TIPPET by then if she gets fast tracked. probs by then, snell might be too old. Its a long way away!!

Reply #213922 | Report this post

scooby  
Years ago

actually i would also go O'hea above perera

Reply #213925 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Is Snell is too old, you can also rule out Cox, Jackson and Taylor on that basis.

Reply #214198 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:01 am, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754