Number 44
Years ago

Who is Bruce Beck?

I hear his name on 5AA, anyone know who it is?

Topic #18191 | Report this topic

Isaac  
Years ago

I hope he doesn't mind me saying this (he's posted under his name on Hoops already) but he is one of the members here. Up to him whether he identifies who he is.

Reply #213917 | Report this post

Bruce Beck  
Years ago

Cornsey reckons the mystery is a bit of fun.

I retired back in 1986. Then the sixers sacked the coach. So I dropped out of the game, for a long time.
That's why no one knows me.
Then my kids started playing, so I got back into it.

Reply #213929 | Report this post

ballerbands  
Years ago

I have noticed that alot of his material he shares with kg and cornsey is a reflection of stuff posted on here anyway, usually not very unique! be honest bruce you do use this site for your material dont you???

Reply #213948 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Bruce posts here frequently, reads/shares, and then discusses on the radio. I don't see a problem with that at all.

Reply #213951 | Report this post

Bruce Beck  
Years ago

Yeah. A lot is from here, some from the dome, nbl, my kids etc. It's honarary, unofficial. Started with Ninnis appointment. A bit of basketball on that show, instead of crossing to west lakes as Andrew Mcleod is about to take a bath.
Why not. I informed Isaac about it.
( some stories from my ole days.. Bob Dylan words for fathers day and KG leaving.. etc. etc. )

Reply #213952 | Report this post

ballerbands  
Years ago

Didnt say it was a bad thing or there was a problem with it....in fact I was highlighting how this site is influencing the larger media (top rated drive show no less)!!! was just having a friendly go at bruce saying, i have noticed what he says on the radio and what i see here are very similar!! I think it is absolutely awesome that basketball gets a wrap every night because of bruce! could have left the part out about not being very unique, sorry bruce! keep up the emails to 5aa

Reply #213966 | Report this post

ballerbands  
Years ago

maybe if you emailed 5aa about some of the stuff FOR SALE on here they might talk about that on the sports show too, as a sports based show I think stuff for sale would fit in really well with the program!!!! ha ha

Reply #213968 | Report this post

Bruce Beck  
Years ago

Lately, my opinion that Julius Hodge is the best import, ever to come to aus has got them going..
And, Cayla Francis played like a superbeing from another planet.. and should have won the Nivea etc..

Reply #213972 | Report this post

Years ago

The best import to ever come to Australia, Bruce?
A topic for another thread but that is a big call!

Reply #213983 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Is that Dan Clausen ??

Reply #213993 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

' Hodge with his regular triple doubles, statisticly is one of the best players I've ever played with' - Ballinger said.
Goorjian rates Hodge very highly.
(Some would say it's Leroy Loggins)

Reply #213997 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I have a dad named Bruce Beck

Reply #214034 | Report this post

Sector 7G  
Years ago

I used to play with the Bruce Beck.
You retired too early Brucey.

Reply #214089 | Report this post

Bruce Beck  
Years ago

Last nite, Cornsey said I was their 'Basketball Conscience'. That was a good thing for him to say.

Reply #214098 | Report this post

Kent Brockman  
Years ago

Is that Gun Dad Bruce Beck anon?

Reply #214102 | Report this post

Dennis  
Years ago

Does Bruce Beck still hold high jump record at Woodville High? I think I saw him at Prices Bakery yesterday being entertained by couple of high flyers around town. One of the really good guys around. The world is a better place for him being in it. Good on you Bruce.

Reply #354464 | Report this post

d b  
Years ago

Spoke about B.B. with a South official on Saturday. Bruce played for South. I suggested we take B.B. out to coffee or lunch. B.B. could talk of history of South and this official could bring B.B. up to speed with South in 2012. I hear Armatt's grandson plays with South now. WOW!

Reply #356959 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Ahmatts grandson plays in Germany

http://www.yabazz.com/yabazz-buzz/1089/isaiah-omamogho-an-aussie-in-the-the-nbbl/

Reply #356964 | Report this post

Bruce Beck  
Years ago

Just saw some footage of Michael Ahmatt playing
and his grand-daughter playing junior special olympics
on Today Tonight.

Reply #387545 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 5:18 am, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754