STAT
Years ago

NBA Live vs. 2K8 (PS2)

Unfortuanately i am not one of the lucky people in the possesion of a 360 or PS3 and while im hoping to get one in the near future i still think ill have to get my up to date bball fix and buy myself an early Christmas present.

Does anyone have either of the two titles or played them on PS2?

Obviously which one is better? (an please could we give reasons instead of just saying which ever one you have)

Have they fixed the layup problems on 2K?

Has the game play gotten any better on Live or is it still either dunk it or lose?

Topic #18246 | Report this topic

Ingles13  
Years ago

2k have fixed the layup problems but the gameplay and graphics are the exact same. They have added a bar to show what spots players shoot well from and have added some contract stuff into association mode. There is no Nathan Jawai on 2k

Reply #214507 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

2k = gayness

no jawai and layups still fuck up

Reply #214511 | Report this post

DJ  
Years ago

get next gen - has jawai and layups are fine.
2k=sim
live=childish

;-)

Reply #214535 | Report this post

Big Marty  
Years ago

NBA Live died royally after '06. They took something good and tried overtuning it; thus rendering the series crap.

2K is quite nice but I'd probably wait til you get a 360 or PS3 as the graphics do the game justice. Go for 2K9; 2K8 has a lot of shot problems (missing open layups, guys like Nash and Redd missing open 3's from hot spots, smaller players grabbing rebounds over centres - despite the centres jumping first).

Most of the kinks are out in 2K9 but despite this, the game is still better than Live 09.

Reply #214545 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 3:20 am, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754