aaronbrucefan
Years ago

Blazers PG Cluster

If you were the blazer atm who would u keep a PG and who would you trade?
Sergio Rodreigez
Steve Blake
Jerryd Bayless
IMO blazers shuld trade steve blake and give the starting spot to sergio rodreigez giving jerryd bayless more mins to develop his game. there is also talk of a straight swap involving travis outlaw and mike conley. IMO Blazers shuld trade blake for a forward and get conley. could work well with greg oden because of the college and high school connection

Topic #18250 | Report this topic

AK-47  
Years ago

Id trade Rodriguez. Blake is experienced and will give you that consistent veteran

Reply #214525 | Report this post

Johnny_Sack  
Years ago

I'd say that keeping Blake until Kopponen (Finnish pg they drafted in the 1st last year) comes across might be the better way to approach this. Rodriguez is just about ready to start - so giving him another season to get acclimated would be the shot... Besides the Blazers seem to share PG duties among those three and play Roy as a SG with playmaking duties... I'd stay pat and wait and see what happens with Kopponen - by all accounts he might be special in the near future.

Reply #214528 | Report this post

bolks  
Years ago

I wouldn't trade Outlaw for Conley because Outlaw is 100 times better player and despite the conection with him and Oden, they don't need another point guard.

Reply #214537 | Report this post

STAT  
Years ago

I agree with bolks unless a swap for Rodriguez or the rights to Kopponen can get them Conley, trading Outlaw weakens there depth at the 3 spot too much.

Reply #214539 | Report this post

Moses Guthrie  
Years ago

Blazers are trying to move LaFrentz as part of any package. Complex insurance situation in that 80% or so of his salary is returned if he misses the first 41 games. Between Raef and Darius Miles, they sure sign some strange deals up in Portland.

Reply #214546 | Report this post

MH  
Years ago

Rodreigez would be leading assist if he was starting. Got vision on mt laptop of him at worlds. With the right team that have their hands ready any time he drives he would be leading assists

Reply #214560 | Report this post

SKUX101  
Years ago

I don't think trading Rodriguez is an option. I reckon he is vital to the team. He forms a nice combo with Fernadez. The Spanish connection is evident-Look up the sweet alley-oops from Rodriguez to Fernandez on Youtube.

Reply #214573 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:38 am, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754