Isaac
Years ago

Vlahov leaving Cats for NewBL role?

Andrew Vlahov is set to leave the Perth Wildcats, likely with a view to stepping into a role in the NewBL organisation.

Ross Lewis wrote in The West today:

The NBL Hall of Fame inductee has been headhunted by several influential NBL officials to become commercial affairs manager or even chief executive of the revamped Basketball Australia.
The West: Top Cat Vlahov ready to move on

Topic #18262 | Report this topic

HAHA  
Years ago

Wasn't Vlahov instrumental in the initial refusal to vote no to the merge?
Is it possible they cut him a deal to green light the merge, coz I kinda smell a rat.

Reply #214694 | Report this post

Thomo  
Years ago

personally i think it would be a GREAT move to have vlahov in any capacity in the newbl, his passion for the sport and his dedication to it would be a great for the game, arch rival or not hes the type of person to kick arse and get this thing into gear,

oh yeah and he would much better then shamus mcpeake

Reply #214698 | Report this post

ExWhyZee  
Years ago

That and he is a very successful businessman!

Reply #214700 | Report this post

DrB  
Years ago

can some please tell me about his creditinals? besides runnig the cats? Gosh i really dont think we need a former player at the top of the league we need an educated proven businessman/sports administrator/ comissioner.

Arghhhhhhhh!!!!! Some please tell me vlahov has this!

Reply #214707 | Report this post

HAHA  
Years ago

Like those tacky Kingsize Menswear ads they still get in Brisbane... God they make me cringe!

Reply #214711 | Report this post

Young Gun  
Years ago

He attended Stanford University. Not sure he finished though. Tt was a business degree from memory.

Reply #214713 | Report this post

A  
Years ago

Dr8, I believe Vlahov has a degree in business/ commerce from Stanford University, which is a very highly respected business uni in the states.

Reply #214714 | Report this post

HO  
Years ago

ExWhyZee...on what basis do you say he is a very successful businessman?

Reply #214734 | Report this post

kman  
Years ago

Vlahov is a good thing for this move, he has connections with sponsors and is a great mate of Longley who also has a bit of money. He loves Aussie ball and wants it get popular. Even if he is a figurehead its a good move, better than the shit we currently have.

Reply #214749 | Report this post

Brendan Joyce  
Years ago

What would Ross Lewis know?

Reply #214764 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Vlahov has a degree from Stanford University - so isn't the traditional ex-basketball player moving into management.

BUT (and this is a massive BUT) would be the worst move for the new-NBL.

Vlahov may cut ties with the Perth Wildcats but if he is so passionate about the club, that feeling won't just disappear. Won't he still have some bias towards them??

And an even bigger BUT, he is a pushy, bully businessman and although that is good in some circumstances, he is willing to screw whoever and whatever stands in his way.

I'd be voting for a legitimate businessman with good ethics to take on this role.

Reply #214774 | Report this post

Drb  
Years ago

Great to hear his has the creditinals ie degree, however i still believe we need an independent person, so not a fan of this if it does occur.

Reply #214785 | Report this post

me  
Years ago

He had me thrown out of the VIP area at the last Cats Vs 36ers game....was very polite..hehehe dont know if that helps.

Reply #214805 | Report this post

Big Kahuna  
Years ago

Well "me" that does it for me he's got the job. ha ha

Reply #214806 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 2:09 pm, Wed 24 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754