Mookie
Years ago

Iverson-Billups Trade

Can't help but think this trade was not good for the Pistons. Sure Iverson can be dynamic and on his day unstoppable but I sense the Pistons are a team that has relied heavily on locker room chemistry for there success. Iverson has already proven he is erratic missing a practice and it would be fair to say he has not gelled with the Piston system yet as proven by recent results. It is still early days but I sense the Pistons will rue losing Billups who besides being a very solid player is a solid citizen.

Topic #18264 | Report this topic

david  
Years ago

This was win win remember Iversons contract comes off the books at the end of the season.

Reply #214695 | Report this post

Bizzy  
Years ago

This has been spoken about earlier but I will put my two cents in again.

1) Dumars promised to try and shake things up a bit after the Pistons bombed out in consecutive ECF.

2) They wanted to create more minutes for Stuckey who is pretty much a Billups clone, just younger.

3) They needed a player than can take over a game, they haven't had a superstar to help finish teams off which has been a downfall in the last few ECF's.

4) This IMO is the most important aspect - CAP SPACE. At the end of this season Sheed and AI come off the books freeing up $35,617,500 to push for a young superstar. They could hold off for 2010 and the Bron, Wade, Bosh sweepstakes or 2009 and the Kobe, Marion, Boozer sweep.

Reply #214697 | Report this post

Quagmire  
Years ago

I noticed they played AI off the bench a few days ago... i'm guessing it was a result of him missing a training session but i gotta say i liked that much better. Stuckey will develop faster and better playing with quality guys in the starting unit as opposed to trying to carry the bench crew. Give that job to AI and i think the pistons will look much better.

Winning and losing for the pistons usually comes down th Rasheed anyway. They guy is putting in hard work in D this season, but i still think the he isn't working in the post enough...

When Dice returns the wins will come, he allows Rasheed the freedom to roam.

Reply #214730 | Report this post

david  
Years ago

Gotta say I think sheed is a hunk of crap and a waste of space what use is he now? He used to be such a dominant if you called him that in the past now he is a average 3point shooter he cant win them games on the block, id be suprised if any team gives him a nice contract next season and I use that term usely.

Reply #214905 | Report this post

david  
Years ago

Shit loosely not usely wtf was i thinking.

Reply #214907 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:23 pm, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754