Anonymous
Years ago

Moving into Vacant Seats @ 36ers Games

Do many people here move into better vacant seat in a better position or do you stay where your ticket indicated regardless?

Topic #18270 | Report this topic

kad  
Years ago

I did this once at a Blaze game last year. The people turned up at half time.

Reply #214755 | Report this post

Nino  
Years ago

Ive got mates that go every week, and religiously end up sitting in better seats than mine. Then again ive seen 3 titles won from my seat, so you couldnt pay me to move!

Reply #214765 | Report this post

skip  
Years ago

In the past I have moved seats, not always to be in a better spot, sometimes worse, usually to sit with friends.

Reply #214766 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

Now you've got the best seat in the house Skip!

Reply #214771 | Report this post

Mantis  
Years ago

I move because my season ticket seats suck. I might as well have paid for Silver seats, since we're in the back row of the Gold seats. My son can't see over the people in front from where we're supposed to be, so we move to somewhere where he can see.

Reply #214778 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

So you have to find alternative seats every game Mantis!? Where do you normally move to?

Reply #214783 | Report this post

Quagmire  
Years ago

I think its open season on seats once the game goes past the first quarter.

Reply #214784 | Report this post

Mantis  
Years ago

We normally don't even go to our correct seats at all, instead head straight down the stairs when we get in and sit behind the northern basket.

Reply #214791 | Report this post

annon  
Years ago

in the old days we use to ask people to move to vacant seats so that it looked nice and full for TV!

Reply #214799 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

There pretty much always seems to be heaps of vacant seats on the northern side right near the court. Never understood why more people don't move into them. Also looks crappy on TV when they are empty.

Reply #214812 | Report this post

vanexel31  
Years ago

about ten years ago i had seats up the back with 2 friends, and we noticed the 3 seats next to the opposition players race were free. this was during the time when most games were close to selling out so finding seats was hard. so we moved there and my friend called tonny jensen a wanker when they walked in for half time and drew a reaction from tonny. good times!!

Reply #214837 | Report this post

spurs_suck  
Years ago

Move every game

Reply #214850 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I have season tickets with some friends and almost every week we have to ask people to move from our seats. We always arrive prior to the start of the game. The people who sit next to us for some years never get there until quarter time and they usually have to ask people to move. I believe you should have to sit in your allocated seats. But the allocation of seats should be better organised.

Reply #214861 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

The good empty seats towards the front would be season ticket holders' seats who have not come to the game. They can't fill these seats because they are already sold.

Reply #214883 | Report this post

hooked  
Years ago

the classic moving seats story was when a whole bunch of my mates and i bought the cheapest seats in the house for Magic johnson all stars game, and then ended up sitting front row behind the basket in seats that were worth like 80 bucks.. was a great night and got the attention of magic and the other guys...

and yes i always move seats.. buy cheap seats and move!!

Reply #214888 | Report this post

Big Marty  
Years ago

I was wondering who moved into the North stand next to me. Lost all that leg room =(.

What I wouldn't give for wider seats... and actual padding. You'd figure a Gold pass would actually offer something like that.

Reply #214926 | Report this post

DDFan  
Years ago

vanexel31:

"about ten years ago i had seats up the back with 2 friends, and we noticed the 3 seats next to the opposition players race were free. this was during the time when most games were close to selling out so finding seats was hard. so we moved there and my friend called tonny jensen a wanker when they walked in for half time and drew a reaction from tonny. good times!!"

Wow, was that the game where he single-handedly ripped us a new one? That is one of the VERY few games, that I DID NOT enjoy.

Reply #214979 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 1:57 pm, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754