Quagmire
Years ago

Random NBA stuff

*Should the jazz trade Boozer for a quality post defender? Okafor from the bobcats would be sweet. Coach Brown not scared to pull a trigger. Okur can put up the same numbers as Boozer, plus he doesn't get injured.

*Derrick Rose is a lock for ROY. Chicago is now on my list of teams i will not bet against because Rose could lead them to a win at any time. The recent 3-5 road circus confirmed that. He is so good, he is making Gooden and Huges look better than the trash LeBron made them look like...

*Should the pistons play AI off the bench?. Pistons would benefit more from Stuck playing alonside the quality starters than trying to carry the bench- thats where AI could be effective. The negative would be how AI handles it, plus the fact that he needs to play a ton of minutes to get his shooting rythme since he doesnt practice...

*Is Tinsley worth a look at by the Magic? Heat?

Topic #18273 | Report this topic

Uwe Blab  
Years ago

Okafor is averaging 10 and 10, and granted he is a much better shot blocker, he also only shoots the ball at a 57% clip from the line this year.
Regarding injuries he is only one season removed from playing a 26 game season.

Boozer averages 20 and 11 and shoots 72% from the line, so he is a much better player in my opinion.

I doubt the Magic would be interested in Tinsley seeing as Jameer Nelson is having a career year at point guard. The heat are a possibility as they are running a committie with Quinn et al getting some minutes. However Tinsley is a very poor shooter and is also oft injured.

Reply #214793 | Report this post

Quagmire  
Years ago

I'd be willing to sacrifice the extra points Boozer scores for the D that Okafor would bring. I really think scoring is not an issue for the jazz, Okur would make up the difference, its the interior D. Look at what Okafor did to Al Jeff in todays game.
Boozer is the better player for sure, but i think maybe Okafor is the better fit for the jazz.

Reply #214797 | Report this post

AK-47  
Years ago

Are you kidding Quagmire? Who was it that carried the Jazz when Okur, Harpring,Williams, Kirilenko and Korver all missed games? Boozer. While i do agree Okur could put up similar scoring numbers he is not the menace that Boozer is on the block.

Separate Boozer and Williams? IMO i think that if the Jazz were to trade Boozer for Okafor they would slip out of the play offs.

The Jazz are outrebounding their opponents by 3, getting less that 1 block a game than the opposition, stealing the ball from their opposition more than twice and holding them too 95.6 points a game.

Defence seems to be going nicely if you ask me....

Reply #214822 | Report this post

Big Marty  
Years ago

If Boozer was to get traded; you would have to look at a 2-1 or 3-1 man trade. He's the "Pau Gasol" equivalent for the club in regards to trading material.

Ak-47 basically sums up the pointlessness of trading him BUT theoretically I doubt he would move to Charlotte; for Boozer, you would probably expect him to go to a high profile team; like being traded to NO for David West or something along those lines (that would never happen).

AI on the other hand appears to have died in the arse over the past few games. Maybe he needs to do a Ginobli or a Barbosa and come off the bench. I'd be expecting Iverson to be scoring and nothing else. Detroit may have been better off trading Rip Hamilton for him instead because Iverson doesn't work that well at the 1 spot IMO.

Reply #214932 | Report this post

Quagmire  
Years ago

Its a real catch 22 with iverson. He seems like the perfect candidate for running with the bench team and keeping the scoring ticking while surrounded by a defensive second unit. The problem is that he relies on putting up a lot of shots and playing a lot of minutes to get into a rythme. You can't have both.

Stuck needs to be starting though imo.

Reply #214936 | Report this post

Quagmire  
Years ago

Re Boozer- I'd be happy with a deal involving maybe Hibbert from the pacers along with Dunleavey...

Reply #214937 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

Why would you want Hibbert and Dun Dun?? The Jazz already have 2 young centres on the roster in Koufos and Fesenko and they have Ante Tomic and Dragicevic (PF) in Europe.

The Jazz already have the shooter in Korver. Brewer, Millsap and Miles are steadily improving. I think Millsap has the ability to replace Boozer one day. His last 5 games he is averaging 16.8ppg and 10 rpg.

The person I'd be getting rid of is Kirilenko. He seems the odd man out and has been for a while. Problem is that by removing Kirilenko, you lose front court defence. Okur couldn't defend a mailbox, and Boozer might get away with defending a tree on a 'no wind' day.

Hibbert and Dun Dun is too cheap for Boozer, and why would you take on Dun Dun's contract for an extra 2 years compared to Boozer who has a player option in 09/10.

Reply #214938 | Report this post

Quagmire  
Years ago

I'm looking at it from the standpoint that Boozer is gonna walk and leave the jazz with nothing end of this season. I don't care what he says to the media or his teamates, he probably said the same things to the cavs organisation and players, fact is his family are not happy in Utah- tha altitude harming his sick daughter, they have a house in miami and are dead keen to leave.

Rather than get nothing, we get a young big man who has great potential in my opinion, and Dun who could easily become our starting sf. Harp is getting older, AK will play off the bench at the 3 or 4, guys like Korver and Almond can be shopped. I think its an upgrade for the team as a whole.

Starters-
William
Brewer
Dunleavey
Okur
Hibbert

Bench; Price, Miles, AK, Harp, Korv, Milsap.

Kosta is a long term project,
Tomic will never play, fesenko is as good as gone.

Reply #214943 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

I just think that your selling Boozer too cheaply.

Dun Dun is Mr Glass this season with a knee injury. Why no look towards Dallas. Maybe a Josh Howard (I can see him and Sloan really hitting it off) and Diop for Boozer and Collins. Your adding a good defensive big and also not losing much in scoring. You fill the SF position and Howard can also play at the SG.

There isn't going to be much movement until the 15 December anyway....

Reply #214945 | Report this post

Quagmire  
Years ago

Would Dallas like Boozer on the same team as Dirk? I guess you could use Boozer to guard the 5 but your never going to be a contender if you cant defend the paint...

I just get frustrated with Utah i suppose. I have watched this team play without a center for 20 seasons. You can't win a championship without solid interior D, usually in the form of a 7 footer with muscle.

It would take guts to deal Boozer for sure, but they will not win while Okur and Boozer are the main men down low, so whats the point in keeping them together?

Reply #214948 | Report this post

KingJames  
Years ago

lol Quagmire just has issues with Boozer and Stoudemire that only a counsellor could help him with.

Reply #215016 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

20 years without a centre.... c'mon.... what about Greg Ostertag, he's even in a movie....

Mark Eaton... he was an All Star, 2 x Defensive POTY, 3 x All Defensive First Team, 2 x All Defensive Second Team, and his number is retired by the Jazz...

Yeah, I agree.... your centres have pretty much sucked for a long long time..

Reply #215053 | Report this post

Quagmire  
Years ago

Kingjames i like Boozer a hell of a lot. He is a warrior and a great pure power forward. If i had the chance to keep him and add a center at the expence of Okur i would but the reality is that Okur is going no-where and Boozers bags are all but packed for miami.

Reply #215105 | Report this post

aaronbrucefan  
Years ago

boozer is gonna leave for miami anyway. so get a gd centre/pf that can control the paint and can offensively play. mayb get a player n picks n lot towards this yrs draft

Reply #215142 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:46 pm, Thu 28 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754