Dirty Day
Years ago

Seats Behind The Backboard Should Be Silver Priced

The message title says it all really.

What do you think?

Topic #18276 | Report this topic

skip  
Years ago

Apart from maybe the first 4 or 5 rows. I agree.

Reply #214843 | Report this post

Rybags  
Years ago

i agree. i'm sick off seeing empty seats there.

Reply #214846 | Report this post

anon  
Years ago

i always sit that area - not a bad view apart front directly behind upright structure
agree should be cheaper than gold

Reply #214851 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Don't complain about ticket prices in Adelaide until you go to some of the other stadiums in Australia. You will find Adelaide's are the cheapest in the league. If anything, the side seats in the gold section should be a higher price.

Reply #214853 | Report this post

Thomo  
Years ago

got 4 season tickets there i have no issue with the price, went to a game against melb in mleb last year and paid 3 times the amount for a far worse seat

Reply #214854 | Report this post

Black Dracula  
Years ago

I think the OP was trying to point out that the behind the backboard sections are often the emptiest...and if cheaper prices got more people through the door, that'd be a good thing.

Reply #214860 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

AGREE, AGREE, AGREE

Reply #214869 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

So you would rather give the seats away, upset other fans and lose money which in turn will effect the profitability of the business? I would rather see the prices stay the same behind the rings and maybe increase the prices slightly for the side views.

Reply #214879 | Report this post

DDFan  
Years ago

Didn't they used to be Silver Seats behind the rings?
It'd be a tough call pricing those seats, especially considering that those seats were almost all taken for Jules' first home return game this season.

Reply #214884 | Report this post

DDFan  
Years ago

Anonymous #214879

"So you would rather give the seats away, upset other fans and lose money which in turn will effect the profitability of the business?"

Nobody's suggesting they be given away, but given more attractive pricing. They're not the best seats in the house, the pricing should reflect that. Having some form of compensation for existing season ticket-holders in those areas would be a must.

"I would rather see the prices stay the same behind the rings and maybe increase the prices slightly for the side views"

Good way to shit even more people off.

Reply #214886 | Report this post

hooked  
Years ago

while behind the basket would be great full, it still is a superior seat to the nosebleed section up the back. I know if i sit up the very back with my eyesight i can't enjoy the game, however can always pick up a good seat behind the basket or in the corners for a reasonable price, which as a student works out at about 18 bucks. no excuses really

Reply #214887 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

DDFan - If you look at the other stadiums around the nation you will find tickets in Adelaide are so much cheaper!

Gold in Adelaide is $25
Cairns - $40 for the same seat
Gold Coast - $50 for the same seat
Melbourne - $60 for the same seat

I think Sydney is cheaper now, just so they can pay there players. By reducing the ticket prices could (not saying it would) lead to the demise of a club. Leave the prices as they are and stop whinging about the price of tickets!

Reply #214898 | Report this post

DDFan  
Years ago

OK Anonymous, I'll bite. In my first reply, I simply asked if the prices for those seats were originally priced at Silver level (incidentally, no-one replied).
I then reasoned that it would be tricky pricing those seats, as they sold well on Jules' return. Pricing's a gamble, too high, they don't sell. Too low, & there's the "potential" of taking a hit in the profit line.

My second post, I was pointing out the absurdity of your "give away ticket" line. Where did that come from? I then attempted to bring the thread back on topic, by agreeing with the consensus that the behind the ring seats are inferior to the side seats.

You then went on to saying you wanted those seats kept at Gold pricing, AND nudge up all other seats.

I also appreciate our pricing compared to interstate venues, & don't hesitate to drop the money on the front office desk for my season ticket at the very first call. If that makes me a sad, no life loser, then I'll face the music.

Mate, I don't have a prob with you or anyone puff'n their chest & hav'n a good ol' DDFan-bash, but FFS, get your brain in order first.

Reply #214916 | Report this post

Big Marty  
Years ago

It would be better if they just left the prices as is but sold them in group packs. Simply re-badge the seats as "group packs" and try outlining something like the seats being gold seats but cheaper when purchased in sets.

While the price doesn't change; you can advertise them as if it is a mass saving. You'd be surprised how many people would buy expensive seats. Considering how overpriced the food stands are at the dome, you could probably offer free hotdogs or something as part of the pack; or better yet, FUIC! =D

Reply #214928 | Report this post

nutter  
Years ago

how about simply bringing in a third seating class. eg Gold seating would be on the sides and corners, Silver seating would be behind the basket and bronze above the concourse, have the silver seating priced slightly above the current silver seating and the bronze slightly below the current silver price. That way there is the possibility for i slightly cheaper night out and therefore possibly drawing a few more supporters in and the people who want to sit closer but don't want to pay gold prices are able to sit behind the baskets.

Reply #214957 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Definitely look at making them Silver and/or compulsory group purchases as Marty suggested. The space directly behind the support is certainly not going to give you the view you'll get from the sides or corners.

Reply #214962 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I think Nutter is on the money there!

I am not DDFan bashing, just think people need to stop whinging about the price of tickets when they are infact probably one of the cheapest in the league

Reply #214968 | Report this post

DDFan  
Years ago

Anonymous, I'd assume most here would be very much aware of how cheap our seats are, compared to interstate, hence my ridicule.
I'd also suggest that all here would love to see a "packed out" Dome, "every" game. The original post has merit, & there's been good healthy discussion. I honestly don't understand your disruptive attitude. A more flexible pricing strategy seems to be a no brainer, even for me.
Enjoy your anonymity.

Reply #214974 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 2:34 am, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754