Kent Brockman
Years ago

Hawks V Dragons tonight

Do the Hawks have a shot at cracking the Dragons like the Spirit did?

A Hawks loss means the sixers would move up a spot on the ladder due to superior %

Will Burston dominate without a legitimate big to go up against?

Topic #18292 | Report this topic

DJ  
Years ago

Will the dragons win by 0-10 $2.60 or 11+ $2.90?

Reply #215051 | Report this post

skip  
Years ago

11+ for me. Havnt commited yet though.

Reply #215052 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

The Dragons are now favourites for the championship with Centrebet at $2.85. The Tigers, post-SMac-news, have dropped to $3.15. The Breakers have shortened to $4.50 but obviously the bookies are not sold yet despite their record this season, or are not being pressured by big bets.

Adelaide are holding fairly steady now at $17, fifth favourite.

The Hawks, at $81, are quite long. They were competitive last season with more-or-less one import, have added reliable Rychart and a Boomer in Saville. Also, their ladder position is hardly woeful and they're strong at home - any team who can defend their home court is some luck on the road away from winning a series.

For tonight's game, I think the Dragons will bounce back to give Goorjian his 500th win. The Dragons did win by 19 at the Hawks venue last time, but that came on 17/31 3P and I'm not sure they'll repeat that. 1-10 is my guess.

Tragardh is good enough to go up against Burston, but has had back soreness this week which might limit him.

The NBL's fast facts highlights poor Mika Vukona this week:

Last weekend against the Spirit, Dragons forward Mika Vukona made just 2-from-10 free-throws as South shot a miserable 51% (19-from-37). That effort puts Vukona in an unfortunate list of the players to have shot the worst from the charity stripe. On the year, Vukona is 11-from-35 (31%).

NBL's lowest makes from at least 10 FT attempts:
0-from-11  Neil Richardson for Canberra 1979
1-from-10  Jayson Wells for Canberra 2001
2-from-11  James Bullock for Newcastle 1990
2-from-11  Jayson Wells for Canberra 2003
2-from-10  Mika Vukona for South 2009
2-from-10  Larry Abney for Townsville 2007
2-from-10  Paul Rees for North Melbourne 1994

Edit: From Stanley of OzHoops fame:
Petrie is doubtful - didnt train yesterday
Campbell also missed training with a virus
Trigger injured his back against Adelaide and was considered doubtful but should play according to the Mercury
Also mentioned that he thought Groves might be doubtful for the Dragons. Groves had 20+ for South last time these sides met.

Reply #215054 | Report this post

Spinner  
Years ago

Why does the NBL site say that this game isn't on until 12:30 tomorrow??

Reply #215061 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Just noticed that myself - hopefully they fix it. Was going to email Marc Howard to let him know but it's well after working hours and I'm not sure the NBL could afford a Blackberry for their media guy?

Edit: Stats seem to be ready to go regardless of that time discrepancy but no actual stats yet. Another edit: OK, now it's working.

Reply #215062 | Report this post

Spinner  
Years ago

Try smoke signals - that would be more like the NBL!!

Reply #215064 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

The live scores show Hawks vs Dragson and Cameron Tragargh, as well as Glenn Saville and Matt Campbell.

Reply #215066 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

Aw ..Dragson..They've corrected it now..
What is the game like, on Fox ?

Reply #215071 | Report this post

Kobe-for-MVP  
Years ago

19-0 run to start 3rd!!!!!!

Reply #215072 | Report this post

DJ  
Years ago

Was very tempted to throw 20 on the 11+ but decided against it in the end. Oh well.
As for a fox game another shit game.

Reply #215075 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

So much for my prediction about them not lighting it up from long range again...

What a blow-out. Still, at least it's good for the 36ers to have the Hawks drop another game.

Reply #215076 | Report this post

david  
Years ago

Is it just me or do people miss John Caseys excitement, enthusaisim for commentating although he does drone on a bit but I dont mind would love to see him back commentating the NBL.

Reply #215079 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:48 pm, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754