Anonymous
Years ago

Highest paid over NBL career

i was wondering what peoples thoughts were on this - who do you think would be the highest paid players over their career in the nbl. just by nbl team payments not sponsorship or anything. approx adjust inflation if needed. i personally would have no clue... maybe someone like ronaldson?

Topic #18296 | Report this topic

me  
Years ago

prolly daniel joyce

Reply #215085 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

You'd have to factor in seasons played, general ability, the types of teams played for and how much they tested their value on the market. It'd probably be someone on the most games played leaderboard.

Looking at the All-Time Player Records section of the media guide, there seem to be a few marks that might not be broken for a long time, if at all.

No active player is within about 500 blocks of Dwight's mark of 1,050. Gaze has a 5,000 point lead over Loggins and is over 9,000 clear of even the fifth best. Gaze's assist mark is about 1,000 clear of Heal, and he's about 500 fouls ahead of any active player.

On the boards, Bradtke's numbers are miles clear of any actives while the same is true for D-Mac in steals and Gaze in turnovers.

In fact, the only record in this class that might be challenged is Gaze's total for threes made which stands at 1,826. Heal was at 1,512 before this season, and makes about 100 or so per season - if he can convince the Blaze to keep him employed for a few more years and giving him similar minutes, he might get there.

Reply #215088 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

CJ Bruton would be up there. Been around for a long time, top tier the whole time, moves very regularly and generally to top (over) paying clubs and usually while playing someone off at the same time (be it another NBL club directly or the threat of Europe/US).

Reply #215091 | Report this post

Libertine  
Years ago

Sammy Mack.

Reply #215094 | Report this post

Kent Brockman  
Years ago

Bruton
Mackinnon
Mee
Rogers
Rob Rose was always looked after in his time from all reports too.

Reply #215100 | Report this post

Blue Collar  
Years ago

I'm thinking a little further back. How about Mark Davis (inflation adjusted)? Played for a long time in the league at its peak. Similar story with Leroy Loggins. Rob Rose would certainly be up there too.

Reply #215109 | Report this post

DICKO  
Years ago

IMHO?

Sam

From all reports, he has ALWAYS had a high price on his services, even when injury-prone and out of form the Tigers are rumoured to pay him very handsomely.

He certainly got plenty of cash in his travels from Melbourne to West Sydney and to Townsville.

CJ would probably be a close second.

But there will be those as the league moves on that beat them, I think......Wortho jumps to mind as someone who will probably do pretty well out of the NBL as his career progresses.

Reply #215112 | Report this post

aaronbrucefan  
Years ago

any melbourne player

Reply #215134 | Report this post

Thomo  
Years ago

that person who gaze dunked on i here hes well paid, cecil

Reply #215179 | Report this post

Paul  
Years ago

Overpaid would be Scott Mcgregor or Aaron Trahair

Reply #215232 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 6:26 am, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754