skip
Years ago

The current best NBL Import combo

Botis article todays talks about the 2 best import combos going up against each other this week at the Dome.

http://linky.com.au/lqfy8

How would you rate them all?

1 - Ballinger / Hodge (I dont think there is any question, biased or not)
2 - Ere / Grizzard
3 - Willaims / Ellis
4 - Franklin / Rychart
5 - Abney / Thomas
6 - Hinson / Victor
7 - Darden / Groves
8 - Whitehead / Bowen
9 - Low / Gruber (Is Low offically gone?)
10 - Rickert

Topic #18298 | Report this topic

Isaac  
Years ago

Low's gone and Gruber isn't doing heaps, so put Rickert up into about 7th spot on his own - he's averaging 15 and 9 in under 27 MPG.

I'd put Victor/Hinson up into around 4th - take a look at Victor's recent form, and he's still coming off the bench behind Knight.

Reply #215114 | Report this post

igotmadskills  
Years ago

really depends on what the team needs as id be happy with darden and groves if i needed a backcourt. and they hardly even play for south so you cnt even go on stats you need the averages of the 48minutes as io can guarentee balls and hodge play alot more than most of those combos.

Abney and thomas on their days are a top combo for forwards, just abney get stuck playing centre a bit.

Its kinda pointless topic really as there are so many diversities between the players, teams etc.

Reply #215122 | Report this post

aaronbrucefan  
Years ago

imagine if NZ had another qaulity import and the dragons had an import combo the qaulity of hodge/ballinger?

Reply #215136 | Report this post

cavolo  
Years ago

CJ is to be viewed as NZ's other import as they are apparently using cap space both points and dollars from what has been reported. Therefore, I think it would be more accurate to have CJ/Rickert as an import combo and I would rate them at no 3 on Skip's list.

I also think if Hinson and Victor were given more court time or on a different team that would rank also around 3/4 on Skip's list.

Reply #215138 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

I'd put Bruton/Rickert at 2nd (if you adjusted for MPG) - the results are there on the ladder (home and road) and I think we saw how vital Bruton is to them when the 36ers won over there in his absence.

Reply #215160 | Report this post

david  
Years ago

Dont think abney and thomas are 4th are they hinson and victor should be up there.

Reply #215186 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

No doubt Hodge/Ballinger is #1

Reply #215200 | Report this post

XztatiK  
Years ago

Gruber and Gruber is 10th.

Reply #215211 | Report this post

Anthony  
Years ago

does anyone know where Sean Houston is playing these days in WA?

Reply #215213 | Report this post

Big Marty  
Years ago

Considering the punch Victor and Hinson have had for the Wildcats, I'd probably skip them above Rychart and Franklin.

Best to skip Rickert up above them too. The man's a double-double machine at present; probably the most consistent import in the league right now besides Ballinger.

Reply #215215 | Report this post

steve  
Years ago

Hodge/Ballinger and Ere/Grizzard are without qestion the two standout import combos.

You cant include CJ as an import, because hes not.

Darden/Groves are extremly good but Goorjian never gives them any damn game time and plays shitty Vukona all the time.

Reply #215252 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 3:46 pm, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754