Isaac
Years ago

Breakers vs Crocs, Dec 4 - live on Fox

The NZ Breakers host the Townsville Crocs tonight and the game is on Fox from 5pm Adelaide time, or 5:30pm in the Eastern states.

The Crocs have won three straight while the Breakers are on a six game winning streak. Centrebet have the line at -12.0 and the Crocs paying $6.25 for the win.

Will Townsville surprise the Breakers in Auckland, or will NZ continue their run?

Topic #18301 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Why is this game live but the others NZ games are/were 4 hours delayed?

Breakers to win but only just.

Reply #215132 | Report this post

flatshot  
Years ago

No idea why its live. Wonder if it is the fox team or whether they are taking a live feed from Maori TV which is ironic as it is delayed in NZ by 1/2 an hour.
I think Townsville will be in this up to their ears as they are in a bit of form and match up OK. Breakers have cj and kirk with niggling injuries and breakers have had their other guys stepping up. But if breakers dont shoot at a good percentage and the crocs do this will be a danger game. I see this close at the half and going down to the wire as i am not sure that the breakers have ironed everything out although they have been impressive. If, no i'll say when, they start winning by decent margins i think it will be clear that they are the real deal.

Reply #215141 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"it is delayed in NZ by 1/2 an hour"

- I thought it was live on Maori TV

Reply #215144 | Report this post

skip  
Years ago

Anyone backing the Crocs? They are paying $7 for the win.

Reply #215155 | Report this post

SKUX101  
Years ago

The games here in NZ are shown on Maori TV and are just over 1/2 delayed. Coverage starts at 8pm NZ time, with tip off at about 8.10pm NZ time, Thus it is around 40 mins delayed.

Reply #215156 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Skip, thinking about it - down to coins in my account so it might be my last hurrah for this season!

Anon, the games are live from Maori TV, but not always shown live in NZ.

Reply #215159 | Report this post

skip  
Years ago

If you down to coin Isaac, this is probably the best chance to turn it back into notes.

Got a sneaky feeling about the crocs.

Ive put $10 down.

Reply #215161 | Report this post

Kent Brockman  
Years ago

I reckon you are banking $70 bucks very soon skip

Reply #215175 | Report this post

XY  
Years ago

Wow, this is going to be a huge result.

I can never work out the Crocs. They will win 9 games straight, then lose 9 straight and look entirely out of form.

Reply #215177 | Report this post

skip  
Years ago

Not quite. $67. They dropped just before I got the bet on.

Still ..... Woohoo!

Just wish I had put an $5 on them winning 11+

Reply #215185 | Report this post

Surmdog  
Years ago

i had $5 on them for 11+
won a $115

Reply #215188 | Report this post

DJ  
Years ago

Damn! was thiking the crocs for a roughie today but the net was down late arvo at work and didnt get home before tip off.

Hope you got on Isaac to re-launch your gambling career ;-)

Reply #215192 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

WOW

Spenda Penney 0/6 3P
CJ 1/10 FG

Has the Breaker's bubble burst?

Reply #215199 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

DJ, still alive, but not touching the Cairns game tonight!

Reply #215209 | Report this post

DJRod  
Years ago

I wish I had known the Crocs were paying $7! Bloody hell.

Could have been farting through silk...

Reply #215222 | Report this post

Panther  
Years ago

I was shocked you boys were tipping Crocs. I know they have started to hit their straps a bit but NZ are (or were) sitting at the top of the ladder and were playing at home where they have knocked off teams like Melbourne and South Dragons. I put some money on Townsville to be up by half time and the Breakers to win just due to NZ's slow starts. Thought I had it right when the Breakers scored the first 5 points of the second half. But how good did Townsville shoot from the 3pt line, was frickin unbelievable!!! 13/27 I think it was, that's almost 50%!

Reply #215226 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Any time the Breakers threatened to reel it in, the Crocs would hit a freak triple (there was a big one from Rillie and a couple of tough ones by Williamson), or Williams would get in for an easy lay-up.

Breakers had been shooting about 45% from outside so I wonder if this is just them getting on the receiving end of what they've already been doing to a few other sides?

Reply #215229 | Report this post

Kent Brockman  
Years ago

i liked the part in the game where the commentator was talking Cedar up and how perfect and text book his shot is, sure enough next shot he took missed by about 3 metres.

Reply #215235 | Report this post

DDFan  
Years ago

I'm not into the betting scene at all, 'cause in my hard Yakka mind, easy money's, bad money.
If you guys wannna bulk up your bank accounts, DO SOME FREAK'N HOMEWORK. If you'd checked out the "OT" podcast or whatever they call 'em. Rills let on that he's out of his slump, & has the hot hand. You've never seen Rills play if you don't expect him to hit the tough shots. The guy's a freak, & tough shots aren't flukes for him.
Here's a new thread topic begging to happen. What are the odd$ on the 36er v Croc$ game that's coming up soon to you at the Dome?

Reply #215240 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

a little bet for fun is a bit like fantasy sports cos it adds some spice to a boxscore.

Reply #215250 | Report this post

skip  
Years ago

DDFan - Odds dont usually come out until the game day unfortuntely.

Cant even see odds for tomorrows games yet.

Reply #215253 | Report this post

SKUX101  
Years ago

Crocs won and Breakers lost. You can look at why it happened in the box score. From memory, the Breakers only shot 38 % from the field, and 22 % from the 3-point land. The Crocs shot 13/27, which is lights-out.
Personally, I think the Breakers have shot to the top of the ladder, because of their FG %. They have relied heavily on their shooting to get them over the line. Their defence is terrible, it must be said.

As a Breaker fan, I'm quite concerned. We cannot rely on our defence to get us over the line. If we shoot poorly, like we did last night, I can't see us winning a championship.

Reply #215267 | Report this post

DJRod  
Years ago

I thought the Breakers were ripe for the picking after their last game - they were already talking about their 2 week layoff

CJ's sooking like usual, Penney is banged up and Ronaldson is looking a bit tired. Rickert has ADHD so he will never stop :)

JR looked like they are really on a roll when we recorded ep 13 of the OT... he couldn't wait to get to them!

Reply #215302 | Report this post

DJ  
Years ago

It was one of those expected upsets in my mind. As was Spirit over Taipans (although hardly an upset considering Taipans form of late) and you should have joined us on that one Isaac ;-) $2.35 for the win and $7.35 for 11+ covered both and very happy (makes up for lack of net to get on the crocs game).

Reply #215351 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 1:31 am, Sat 30 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754