Demi Vermeer
Charlotte Ailmore
Jesica Tonkin

http://linky.com.au/iasd2

Topic #18306 | Report this topic

Jack Toft  
Years ago

Should be an interesting game.

The local team will be keen to knock off an Adelaide team and Centrals will be keen for it not to happen. I would imagine it would be a good time to try out some new plays and routines.

Good on PP to do this and for Centrals to participate.

Reply #215219 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

Obviously it has been a while since I went to a Central's game..When did Toddy go back out there?

Reply #215227 | Report this post

shin splints  
Years ago

Even with that light-on line-up I would expect the Lions Men to win by 30.

Reply #215234 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Showtime pull on the boots

Reply #215254 | Report this post

Lyall!

wow.

That guys awesome

Reply #215303 | Report this post

PPDO  
Years ago

You guys are dead meat in a couple of weeks (nothin to do with post sorry)

Reply #215324 | Report this post

rocket man  
Years ago

isnt all meat dead, other wise it would be an animal.

Reply #215329 | Report this post

Lions Tale  
Years ago

Dead meat LOL :-) Would that be Lions meat or Panther meat Which one are you talking about.

I don't recognise any of the names from the Pirie team do any of them play in Adelaide. Pirie seem to be having a few Adelaide team every year, is it like a mini comp or just one off games and who gets invited? Are the teams in Pirie any good (like the Pioneers are good in the fact they play in the SEABL)...what comp does Port Pirie play in?

Reply #215362 | Report this post

Lions Tale  
Years ago

The temple is a gun!

Reply #215364 | Report this post

Pirie Panthers  
Years ago

Jack Toft: It was an awesome night some 200+ people filled the stadium to watch and the atmosphere was fantastic. Local girls got up, Centrals too good in the men - BUT ultimately BASKETBALL won on the night.
We want more teams involved so if you have someone in mind plese let me know [email protected] - we put on a mean show!

DB5: I'm not sure when he returned to Centrals, but he was named captain and lit up in the 3rd qtr for 12 points of his game total 22.

shin splints: Do you gamble often? Almost spot on with your 30 point guess, but not quite there, 25 point margin in the men. Very high scoring and entertaining.

Lions Tale: Lyall Gillett is about our most known player having played for Woodvile 18B Div1. The youth policy has been opted for this year with quite the talented group coming through with Nelson Magor and Tim Dunkley representing SA Country at Nationals last year.
It's not a mini comp, they are one off games as our seniors don't get to play together all that often as a Representative Team; having teams visit gives them that opportunity. Anyone and everyone is invited at a Div2 bench/Div3 level and we don't mind 1or2 div1 players coming to play, it sets quite the challenge. Also happy to host country Representative Teams wanting to achieve the same as us and have a game together.
Pirie isn't in a comp as such, we use to be part of the CBL (Country Basketball League) and we contemplated entering a team into the Metro league, but travelling costs would be inhibiting. We've often chatted about a Iron Triangle League, but getting a commitee behind it is difficult, so at the moment and invitation is available to people wanting to come.

Reply #215494 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

Thanks PP, may have to go check out some games this season.

Reply #215569 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 5:12 pm, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754