17 points
22 boards (7 Off, 15 Def)
and 2 blocks
against the best centre in the league.

Im calling it now.

Topic #18322 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

If he got half the calls he should he'd score another 15 points from the foul line.

I simple do not understand how a referee can allow opposition players to defend Luke the way they do, simply because Luke is big.

Reply #215389 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

He played very well.

Well enough to pull a smile from Skip!

Reply #215398 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

Brad Hill was the other stand out tonight. Great game from him too.

Reply #215401 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

I thought Hodge.

Reply #215405 | Report this post

The_Champ33  
Years ago

22 boards? Are you serious?

Extremely impressive.

Certainly used his reach tonight and touched some passes or knocked them away.

Definitely worthy of the award.

Hill played confident and brilliant tonight too.

Reply #215409 | Report this post

XztatiK  
Years ago

I thought Brad Hill played better but for the people who decide the award, Schenscher's numbers will look more impressive. Matty Knight is also a chance for the second consecutive week.

Reply #215411 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

Again, thought Hodge played better than Hill.

Reply #215415 | Report this post

STAT  
Years ago

I think Luke and Hilly (Mavs repping ;p lol) both played great. Brad probably had the better game but i also agree with the X man that Big Reds numbers will stand out more so on paper.

But are you guys joking tho? Clearly Anstey should get the gong! What a game from the 'best' player in the league, i mean he managed to foul out even with the refs 'not seeing' those hooks and elbows and shoulder drops and constant whinging and just playing being a melbourne playerness

lol ;)

Reply #215417 | Report this post

Bruce Beck  
Years ago

From what I saw, Julius Hodge got our most points, assists,steals and blocks.
I'm sure I saw him do a few steals and blocks, that are not on the box score.
Thought he was best player.

Reply #215419 | Report this post

XztatiK  
Years ago

...but had 6 turnovers.

Reply #215428 | Report this post

Nino  
Years ago

No way did Brad Hill play a better game than Luke. Luke was much more influential and his ability to go at Anstey was a key to the win. Perhaps Brad played above his normal standard which is great news for him and the 36ers, but he wasnt as influential.

Reply #215434 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

Reading on here, skip is a pretty good judge.
I'm biased to Julius.
He had most turnovers, fouls,points and assists, according to nbl box score.
I reckon I saw him do some steals and blocks, and so did Boti. But, the nbl didn't record them.

Reply #215441 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

There should be a bench POTW also as it recognises performances like Hill's tonight. Hill's numbers were not fantastic over the whole NBL but as a player coming off the bench it was huge. It would certainly create an incentive for bench players to put in the best they can every game and then be rewarded for it.

Reply #215446 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

Good point EC,
Hill is definitely our best bench player, but then Mahersy is coming off bench as well!

Reply #215448 | Report this post

DDFan  
Years ago

Not wanting to be the Spell-Nazi, but there's a simple way to remember how to spell the Big Red's surname.

Let me SCH-ool you.

It's, SCH-en-SCH-er.

Hope this helps.

Reply #215462 | Report this post

XztatiK  
Years ago

SCHit down and SCHutup DD.

Reply #215488 | Report this post

Ian  
Years ago

lol

Reply #215516 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Bit worried that Justin Bowen (Blaze) might win it. His stats:

35 points (71%, including 75% from 3 point range and 100% FT), 5 rebounds, 2 assists, 2 blocks, 2 steals

Schenscher's stats:
17 points (47%), 22 rebounds, 1 assist, 2 blocks

I'd still give it to Schenscher for his monster 22 rebounds!

Reply #215535 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Speaking of Bowen and the Blaze, saw from that game report that Redhage has been involved in a tussle yet again:

Redhage lost his cool on several occasions getting face to face with Shane Heal in the third quarter after standing over Tyson Demos in the first.

Demos frustrated Redhage with his tough defence and when the Perth big man knocked him to the floor at half court, players flew in from everywhere and a scuffle erupted.

Reply #215588 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 1:12 am, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754