LJ
Years ago

Tigers kicking themselves?

After tonight they would be
wanting to wait for J Hodge so they could have him and how he played agaisnt them! wow!

Sixers massive win
excellent game played
playoffs? how deep?

Topic #18328 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

I don't think Hodge had a much better game than Ebi. I think the Tigers would take Ebi's 1 turnover to Hodge's 6, not to mention the fact that he can't shoot unless he's under the ring.

Reply #215442 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Maybe the Tigers should bring this team back :)
http://linky.com.au/wyabp

Reply #215463 | Report this post

XztatiK  
Years ago

Would they prefer Ebi's 6-17 shooting and 3 assists too? (and he had 2 turnovers btw).

Reply #215487 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I'd prefer the way Ebi behaves on court rather than Hodge who who is the biggest show pony I've ever seen. If anyone from an opposition team behaved the way he does waving his hands around at every opportunity I can imagine the criticism they'd cop from sixer fans.

Reply #215537 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

at least julius gets the crown going and helps give them a voice thus lifting the team spirit and making them more powerful.
Ebi was off his game in this one. He was missing shots left right and centre. Highly unlike him to appear so sluggish on the court.
and i dont know if anyone has realised yet, but hodge's short stint in the NBA has improved his shooting skills and especially his jump shot. He just manages to get under the ring often.

Reply #215542 | Report this post

Big Marty  
Years ago

"at least julius gets the crown going and helps give them a voice thus lifting the team spirit and making them more powerful".

Nice phrasing there Anon, next thing you know Hodge will yell out 'Voltron, Transform!' and the entire on-court lineup will turn into a giant Mark Davis.

Ebi doesn't really appear as a team player with Melbourne. Didn't really seem interested in warmups with the team; took a dunk contest against Rod to actually get him into things. Biggest problem I think for the Tigers loss is having Barlow at the 1. I don't care how much you're paying the guy; he should rotate around to the 3 spot while Macca is gone and have Corletto or Crosswell on the court.

Reply #215552 | Report this post

Juror 12  
Years ago

"not to mention the fact that he can't shoot unless he's under the ring."

No one can stop him from getting under the ring anyway - so I don't see what the problem is.

Reply #215567 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

Both can play a whole lot better.
Watching them, on saturday. I'd take Hodge.
Can't do a jumper, but doesn't matter.
6 turnovers, mainly just Ballinger and Hodge misunderstanding where they were going.
Plus Hodge knows that the crowd can lift the 36ers at home, to a win, hence he gets the crowd involved.

Reply #215576 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

I think Grizzard is a decent import in this league. Seems to keep his head in the game and fit well within a team.

The result might be been a little interesting if Ere had hit that open three near the end, and I think Anstey missed a couple of crucial opportunities too.

Reply #215591 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 2:02 pm, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754