Melvin Corpuscle
Years ago

Bogey backing the Spirit ... and their 56% pay cut

http://linky.com.au/cl4k6

- Sydney players have agreed to a massive 56% pay cut under the NBL rescue package.

- Bogey " ... is prepared to be a game night sponsor ... for one of the remaining 6 games ... to the tune of $31,000"

Should rephrase "rescue package" to something far less flattering, as the players having to settle for such a minimal pay check is disgusting.

Topic #18329 | Report this topic

LC  
Years ago

So how is what Bout is doing not helping? $30k out of his own pocket is pretty generous. He didn't have to do anything.

Reply #215436 | Report this post

Melvin Corpuscle  
Years ago

Never said he wasnt helping. My criticism was for the league, not Bogey.

Reply #215443 | Report this post

DDFan  
Years ago

Melvin, they are going to play, & WANT to play.

I shouldn't have to spell out the alternative, should I?

Reply #215467 | Report this post

Melvin Corpuscle  
Years ago

Was possibly a little too economical with my first post, and the title was unintentially misleading. Shoulda simply said "Bogey supporting the Spirit", then in the actual post mentioned the pay cut as a seperate point - rather than kinda mashing them together. My bad.

Having said that, my point was, that although they ARE playing at a reduced price, they shouldnt have to. If your employer said "you can either be unemployed or keep working at 44c in the dollar" (and there is no alternative employment) think most of us would continue to work, but that doesnt mean that its fair.
When I read "rescue package" I guess I was expecting something more substantial from the league, something that protects the players a little more. Maybe i'm the only one ....

Reply #215513 | Report this post

Coady  
Years ago

He must have the guilts up after a couple of years ago saying that the league was no good and you are not going to get anywhere by playing in Australia!!!

Reply #215549 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 11:05 pm, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754