kman
Years ago

Brad Hill Officially Back

Just wondering how everyone else rated Brad Hills game on Sat night. 17 points but the way he went about it with a more positive mind set and with his speed and his ability to break down the tigers d. In my opinion his best game since he came to us from the A.I.S and his best since the injury. What do you guys think.

Topic #18341 | Report this topic

skip  
Years ago

Best 2 point player in the League :-)

Reply #215578 | Report this post

ballerbands  
Years ago

yeah i always hated brad hill as a player..way too many turnovers and studpid weak play, but the last two big games he has played have really impressed me, hopefully he can keep this up and strengthen the 36ers finals campaign!! looks like he has been doing a bit of weights on those arms too!!

Reply #215582 | Report this post

hereschenes  
Years ago

"Officially Arrived" would probably be a better thread title. You can't be back if you were never there in the first place...

I agree though, his positive mind-set was very evident and great to see.

Reply #215587 | Report this post

kman  
Years ago

Agreed he does look a lot fitter and he played so much smarter than he has in the past. His giant 3 in a tight last few minutes was gold. Ninnis would love to see him just taking them on with his speed as ninnis himself used to break down opposition defence with his speed.

Reply #215589 | Report this post

dfsgjh  
Years ago

Still a average defender at best

Reply #215593 | Report this post

Ballinger Fan  
Years ago

His best game this year post arm injury, but definitely not his best game as a 36er. Dont forget his 30 odd points in Perth in his first season with us.

I noticed that both Brad and Aaron dibbled better on Sat night, both drove less flat out and to their defenders blind spots, and this is a definite Julius tactic which he has imparted on both of them. Julius has been saying he would teach some of these guys a few tricks.

Brad played a great game offensively, his 3 in the last quarter was a killer. Defensively he seemed to attract a lot more 'ball fakes' by whomever he was guarding, so obviously the word out of Victoria is that he is susceptible to those but i think he defense has improved heaps in the last few games.

I have loved watching his improvement, but with that comes more scrutiny from opposing coaches, so expect him to get more attention in ensuing games.

Reply #215595 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Seems to have lost the scowl (Bungey-style) he wore in previous seasons and is having a very good year. Thought he played well and was a vital contributor. If he can add a consistent outside shot to his game, he would be even more dangerous.

Reply #215611 | Report this post

DDFan  
Years ago

Will Oscar be home for Christmas?
Might be a good opportunity for Scottie to arrange a 3 point, defence & rebound clinic for the guise.

Reply #215619 | Report this post

?rehtaf sih ebyaM  
Years ago

I wonder where he got the scowl from?

Reply #215623 | Report this post

DDFan  
Years ago

On that note, has anyone seen THE (Richard) assistant coach smile?

Reply #215628 | Report this post

Ploys expline  
Years ago

Could someone please explain how Anstey got 2 tech fouls in a row, but wasn't ejected from the game?

He racked up another 19-20 points when he came back in the 2nd half.

I would say a quarter of the crowd started waving him good bye when he lost it at the ref and got his second in a row. He then walked straight to the bench and didn't come on again in the 1st half. I thought maybe they didn't want to cause a scene by getting him to do the walk off in front of a pro home crowd, so I was shocked to see him start the 2nd half.

I know a lot of rules have & will change; however I was not aware that this had changed.

I remember way back when big Dean Utohf (sorry about the spelling Dean)for the Kings got ejected from his last game by getting 2 tech's. For the record big Dean was treated pretty shabby by the refs that afternoon, but Anstey got off lightly IMO.

Reply #215629 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

DDFan,

What do you mean by "THE" assistant coach?
Isn't there at least two?

Reply #215630 | Report this post

hereschenes  
Years ago

Ploys expline - you may want to check out the existing thread:

http://www.hoops.com.au/sa/i.cfm/forumlist/18323/

Reply #215635 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

I did see Richard smile once.....

possibly when Anstey was tech fouled?
or was it when Liam pulled his finger?

Reply #215638 | Report this post

Facebook  
Years ago

Brad Hill is good.

Do you think he reads this...?

Reply #215663 | Report this post

XztatiK  
Years ago

"Still a average defender at best"

Has been MUCH improved in that area lately.

Reply #215669 | Report this post

Ploys expline  
Years ago

Cheers hereschenes.

Reply #215735 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 6:29 am, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754