Quagmire
Years ago

Piston talk - Roster reshuffle?

Reading some stuff about coach Curry thinking of moving Stuck into the starting 5, AI to SG, Hamilton to SF and Pcince to play slightly out of position at PF, Wallace at C.

Would it be better to bench AI? Have him play the spark off the bench?

Are they asking too much of the aging Wallace to play C alongside the thinest player in the L in Prince?

Hamilton got ejected last game, so he is clearly getting his anger on... more Billups trade fall-out?

Topic #18353 | Report this topic

SKUX101  
Years ago

I think the idea of not starting will have AI fuming-Can't see him agreeing to being a spark of the bench.

Reply #215753 | Report this post

Mantis  
Years ago

Any such lineup change would only be temporary, Dice is re-signing soon and I would expect he'd move back to starting C with Sheed back at PF. That would still leave one of the other starters as the odd man out. Will be interesting to see who moves to the bench.

I think AI to the second unit could work, as he would then be the clear first-choice scoring option when he's on the floor. Having him and Sheed on the court at the same time doesn't seem to be working, there is only room in the pack for one Alpha dog . Whether AI would accept a sixth-man role, though, is an interesting question.

However, I think the ultimate answer will be yet another trade by the Pistons - and I predict it will be Sheed who will be moved. Sometime after Dec 15.

Reply #215756 | Report this post

Quagmire  
Years ago

For my mind- that is the only MASSIVE hurdle with the plan.

The only chance it could work is if AI is spoken to about playing longer in the NBA due to less minutes and being part of the 'grand plan' to win a championship. He has often spoken about his desire to win, but it has always semmed to be on his terms, perhaps the pistons and Joe D could call him out a bit and say- if winning is your priority, come off the bench and be the offence we need.

Reply #215757 | Report this post

Quagmire  
Years ago

Pistons to move Sheed?

Do you think there is a team out there that can/would offer the pistons any sort of value for their big guy?

I think the pistons will keep him and not look for any other moves.

Except maybe getting Hill back from the suns.

Reply #215759 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 4:54 pm, Wed 24 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754