skip
Years ago

36ers v Crocodiles, Wednesday Night @ The Dome

Big Match for both clubs. The sixers really need to get the win at home to gain some momentum and prove they deseerve to be there come playoffs.

It was a comfortable win last time they met, but Im thinking it will be a closer encounter this time.

TAB says the 36ers are big favourites and are only offering $1.33 for an Adelaide win whilst a Townsville win will pay $3.15
If I wasnt an Adelaide fan, I would probably put some dosh on the Crocs at those odds, but I cant bet against my own team.

NBL website say Sixers by 3.

Im going Sixers by 7 with a crowd of 4439 cheering them on.

(Mod: Topic date adjusted.)

Topic #18361 | Report this topic

Black Dracula  
Years ago

I reckon Sixers by 9, crowd of 3861.

We beat Melbourne without Winitana and very little of Brad Davidson, so the team is definitely capable of performing with its current roster. Brad Hill made the most of his extended minutes, I'll be looking for him to do so again.

Schescher to own the boards aswell. I'm tipping another 15+ rebound haul.

Reply #215845 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

And... Hodge tweaked an ankle.. Ballinger..back troubles.. during the Melbourne game.
You'd think if they are fully fit that we should win this.

Reply #215855 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

We should bag another W.

However, things to watch:
* Luke to kill 'em in the boards - go in to the ring big fella, if they are in your way and they happen to get injured, that's their problem!
* Burdman - should be used as the pressure relief guard in place of Davo.
* Azza - think, think, think
* Hobbo - give him a run Scotty, he can't do any worse than Coops.

Reply #215863 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

skip, your post is a bit contradictory. You would contemplate putting money on Townsville but you predict the 36ers to win. I am not a gambler but I thought you only put money on what you believe might win. Either you are predicting the 36ers to win only because you support them and not really confident that they will win, or you've got money to throw away. If I was to put money on any particular team, that is the team I would predict to win.

Reply #215864 | Report this post

Shotclock  
Years ago

W by 8
Balls will load 18 to 25 ,Hill will come off bench to string 20 ,Mahersy in full run ,Jules will ignite the boards and the crowd.Coach to give #4 Hoban a run.
I'll go Boonta from the moment the Leather Hanbags come out to play.I had to hold myself together last week when Anstey got TF.I was going to throw something.Trust me I wont.
Anyone's ears hurt after last week?I think I will swap seats with my Son ,ROFL.
Good oppurtunity to bring the trumpet thingamy,crowd might be low.

Reply #215869 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

EC - think about the odds. He's saying that the Crocs are a bit longer than he thinks they should be, not that they're favourites in his mind.

I might think Adelaide are favourites, but if the Crocs are paying $100 in a two-horse race, I'd be betting on them.

Reply #215872 | Report this post

Soulman  
Years ago

Sixers to win by 8 , but lead by as much as 20 (sounds familliar) I think if we start off well again the crocs will find it hard to head us off but maybe there shooters can pull them back into it. Hodge to top score 29pts in another double and Big Lukey to pull down 35 boards. C'mon Sixers lets get back into the top six.

Reply #215873 | Report this post

Kev  
Years ago

Brad Davidson won't be playing - groin injury.

Reply #215878 | Report this post

Kent Brockman  
Years ago

I am interested to see how Homicide goes. Tyndale made him a complete non factor last time he was here.

Sixers should win but there have been a few should wins this year that have not happened.

Reply #215880 | Report this post

DJ  
Years ago

Wasn't it more Homicide just stunk it up, didn't think Tyndale did anything extra other than point out the obvious.
Giving him plenty of room for the open J and mocking the player isnt good D/shutting him down - its just recognising the player is having an off night and being lazy.

The guys J isnt great but hell you still want to play some D on that.

Reply #215885 | Report this post

skip  
Years ago

EC - Exactly as Isaac says. For instance, last week I tipped the Brekers to beat the Crocs and would have thoughts the Crocs would be paying no more than $4 for the win. When I noticed they were paying $7 I thought it was too good to pass up on as I thought they were a much better chance than that.
The way I look at is is - If they played 7 times, the crocs would almost certainly win one of those games.

AND

It payed off, with my $10 turning into $70. (Actually, the odds slightly dropped just before I placed the bet, so it was $67)

With the odds this time being just over $3, If they played 3 games, I would rate the Crocs to win one of them.

Maybe an unusual way to look at it, but Im not doing to bad this season.

Reply #215890 | Report this post

Juror 12  
Years ago

This game is SO important for us given the ladder. I'm thinking about putting $100 on the Crocs - it would be worth losing that much for the Sixers to get this win. If they lost the only thing that might come close to consoling me would be the nice big Centrebet payout.

Reply #215902 | Report this post

me  
Years ago

having cancelled my foxtel...due to the appalling treatment of the nbl this year, can anyone tell me..is this game braodcast online anywhere?

Reply #215926 | Report this post

kman  
Years ago

A win tonight by ten would boost our percentage past sydney and have us equal on games and put us in the 6. Definately a must win with perth on the weekend in perth. Expect Hodge to go mental on t.v and Hill for another good game.

Reply #215937 | Report this post

Dana  
Years ago

me, it will be livestream on abc radio

Reply #215945 | Report this post

Kobe-for-MVP  
Years ago

Lets hope everyone can get down there and get the dome going again like last game.

shouldnt be ANY excuses really.. were playing well.

Sixers by 6.

Reply #215959 | Report this post

KingJames  
Years ago

Sixers by 10+. 15 is my guess. My only concern is no back up PG but I guess Hodge can fill that void when Bruce needs a rest.

We just need to play big and contain their shooters. I don't think they really have anyone that can guard Hodge. Perhaps Ellis but he will have to play on our power forwards and centers instead.

If Cedar, Rillie and Williamson are contained then this should be an easy win I think.

Reply #215972 | Report this post

hereschenes  
Years ago

I think it depends mainly on the emotional response of the Sixers after the big Melbourne effort. It must be tough to back up such a huge game with another big effort, but they simply can't afford to drop games like this any more.

Oh, for the days when you could pen Sixers home games in for a W, regardless of the situation...

Reply #215973 | Report this post

West End  
Years ago

I think Coopers minutes should be given to the Mark David statue near the exit of the Dome. Despite being a statue it will get more rebounds and definitely won't give away and stupid fouls.

Reply #215984 | Report this post

West End  
Years ago

^Davis :P

Reply #215985 | Report this post

Sturty6ers  
Years ago

Just got in from work and my Foxtel has just frozen.......

Reply #215986 | Report this post

Thomo  
Years ago

great win by the team EVERYONE played there part and played it well.

loved it in the last minute when JH called the timeout to bring hoban,Eze and hill into the game

Reply #215987 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

Thought Hodge was best. Got two jumpers in, tonight.
Looks to be a better shot than Cooper and Holmes.
Although Cooper got ONE in.

Reply #215989 | Report this post

squid  
Years ago

The Crocs player like they are going to fold too! Not one winner in my opinion.
The best part about the last 2 wins is that I still believe they have a lot of improvement still left in them.
Most played well tonight, with the exception of Hoops, who would really like to forget that mess he displayed.
There is now definitely hope when one considers too who the Crocs have beaten in recent times.

Reply #215990 | Report this post

Kent Brockman  
Years ago

i dont get the Cooper hate, he played less than half the minutes that Jake did and was equal or better in almost every catergory.

Reply #215991 | Report this post

squid  
Years ago

Kent, I normally would agree with you, but hell on this occasion, simply cannot and I sure do not hate Coops. In fact have been a good supporter of him for a long time.

Reply #215993 | Report this post

36r  
Years ago

one of bruces best point guard games, holmes really struggles with hodge comming into the team hasnt found a role yet. balls shot was off at times, hill was quiet i thought bit of a roller coaster he is, brett was good. shensch was awesome our key player, was getting great deep catches from ab and jules.

this team can definetly go places if they play defence like they did 2nite, aaron really guarded homicide and riley comming off the screens can tell he has been working hard on d.

all the players played great perimeter d very happy with the game 2nite

Reply #215994 | Report this post

Nino  
Years ago

Agreed Kent, Coops is fine for what we need from him, and in relation to what he is being paid compared to some of the other 'bigger' names.

Was sooo much fun tonight. Love how stingy we were at the defensive end giving up only 79! Oh and the ADELAIDE 36ERS are finally back in the TOP 6!!!!!

Reply #215995 | Report this post

Drb  
Years ago

hodge = god!

Reply #215996 | Report this post

West End  
Years ago

I've been a huge Coops fan over the years. He's never been a gifted player, but he used to pull in rebounds, block shots and generally do what we _needed_ him to do. This season however he's dropped off and is more of a liability on the court.

Without checking, I'm guessing he averages more fouls than points or rebounds this season?

Reply #215997 | Report this post

Shotclock  
Years ago

Post 215869
Coach to bring #4 Hoban on.Should have put something on that.
Up in the Apollo Room Holmes actually mentioned his role with Julius on.
What was with the Count given to Luke when the Molinger was rocketing in and out of the key?

Reply #215998 | Report this post

XztatiK  
Years ago

OHH WHAT A GAME!!!

My favourite game since the last Crocs one.

THAT ANIMAL HINDER GOT DUNKED ON!!! POSTERIZED!!! ABSOLUTE FACIAL BY JULIUS!!!

Ohh man it was so sweet.

Schenscher: One of his best. He had hands like Ian Perrie but still managed a nice 12 boards. Once again he got little love from the refs and only 28mins game time so his 19pts at 8-11 FG was fantastic (I'd say 10 of those came on Hinder). Needs to be a bit more aggressive when attempting shot-blocks though, Homicide, Ellis and Rillie handed him a few tonight but he couldn't quite get there.

Balls: Really suprised to see the 8-23 FG's, I thought he shot very well but I guess not. Oh well, he got 20 and 11, I'll take that. (about 16 of those would've been on Hinder, with 11 on him in the 1st quarter).

Holmes: This is becoming a real worry. At some point he has to have his minutes cut until he starts to deal with the new structure. 0pts and 4 rebounds in 27mins is not acceptable.

Hodge: POTW! Just needs another 20/10/8 night against Perth and he's got himself another one. His stats (25/12/7) paled in comparison to the facial he gave Russell Hinder. He is an absolute star no matter what the anonymous' say!

btw, again he was communicating directly with the crowd - it's great to see.

Brucie: Thought he'd finish with more assists (4) but was still fantastic. Again played big minutes in the absence of Davidson and did very nicely with 15/4/4 with 3 turnovers and a 7-12 FG count. D was good once again.

Coops: What the hell was that? a dunk attempt? a layup attempt? a pass attempt??? Whatever he was trying to do it was ugly, and it didn't work! I'm usually pretty supportive of big Coops but this wasn't one of his better nights, he even struggled defensively.

Hill: Too much confidence, Hilly, tone it down a bit. 1-7 FG shooting was baaad... so was that airball! Still, 5 and 5 isn't toooo bad.

Mahersy: Keeping up the form nicely. 14/6/3 is a great contribution. He hit some bloody tough shots too (including a three and a long two on Hinder's ugly head)

Hoban/Eazy: I was thinking they should have been put on a bit earlier but keeping the guns on turned out to be the right move when TVL made that little Homicide-powered run. Hoban's D was great on his two possesions, at least.

Hinder: Justice! The dirty animal took out Jules with a moving screen but also got POSTERIZED by Hodge, did I mention that? It was huge. Idiot didn't take it well either - pushing Hodge as soon as he landed. The ugly bastard could not stop whinging to the refs and his D was hideous.

The rest of the Crocs:
You have to admire Homicide, he had a poor start but made it up somewhat at the end. His passing was horrible tonight, but that's what Hodge's D will do I guess.
K-Rob - 1/7 from downtown LOL!
Tovey - 1/6 FG LOL!
Cedar - 1/6 3pt LOL!
Rillie - 2/8 FG LOL!
Williamson - 2/11 FG LOL!
Rosell - 5/14 FT's LOL! that's a horrible looking stroke.
Team - 29/79 FG LOL!
Ahh, so many lOl's!
Gleeson: The offensive movement was shocking and he was as much of a whinger as Hinder.

Refs: A few mistakes made (3sec violation on Luke, blocking foul on Bruce) but overall a good night, by their low, low, low standards at least. Mr.Garnier Fructis was actually very good, I thought.
Crowd: Fantastic! we didn't go dead when Townsville had a run which was great. Some great comments at Hinder on my side too (not all from me).

Skip: Cheers for 'Jump around' mate. And even Vanilla Ice in the warmup, lol.
Good job.

To the guys who joined me in a "Hinder's a Wanker" chant walking away from the dome, you guys are legends! It's a pity we didn't sit near each other in the game, that would've been some fun!

Brilliant win against an over-achieving team.

The Perth clash should be great.

Top 4, 36ers!!!

...I'm really, really sorry, twenty four. I'll move on to Hammer/Joyce's now, I promise ;)

Reply #215999 | Report this post

starscream3030  
Years ago

we seem to have the minutes spread pretty good at the moment Maher is gettin his minutes managed perfectly by Ninnis, Our twin gingers are the freakin best, and i'd also like to think me constantly yellin out 'ruuuuusssssseeeelllllll' to Hinder helped us at least a lil bit too

Reply #216000 | Report this post

XztatiK  
Years ago

You're a star, starscream3030.

Reply #216003 | Report this post

The_Champ33  
Years ago

Great win. Our team is glueing well lately. If we can play tough tight defence tonight and this believes in each other, we can go far and we can beat those top teams out there.

Right now the form is awesome, crowds are sensational. Things are looking up and there best in 2-3 yrs.

I love it.

Hinder is a total wanker as we all know. All clearly described in previous posts.

Reply #216004 | Report this post

STAT  
Years ago

Lol at ur lol's Xztatik

Legend lol

LOL

Reply #216005 | Report this post

skip  
Years ago

Anyone know why Kersten never got a run?

Reply #216006 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

(Refs: A few mistakes made (3sec violation on Luke, blocking foul on Bruce) but overall a good night, by their low, low, low standards at least. Mr.Garnier Fructis was actually very good, I thought.
Crowd: Fantastic! we didn't go dead when Townsville had a run which was great.)

What game were you at X? Refs terribly inconsistent. Rillies tackles directly in front of the "senior" ref should have been shots and possesssion. Crowd like a morgue at start of the third.

Very good overall performance by the Sixers. The coaching panel left a bit to be desired. Coops, Hill, Jake, Aaron and Julius on at the same time is only going to assist the opposition to make a run. Was it done to even up the game?????

Reply #216007 | Report this post

joshuapending  
Years ago

though everyone played pretty good as a whole much like last week, just good all-round team play. I think bruce has found his feet and looks to be making the best safe play more often now. Have to say not sure on the number but for mine that was a pretty good crowd for a Wednesday/Fox game. Thought it was funny with hodge calling that timeout to get the guys in much like they do in the NBA just we dont have 20sec TO. Really liking the team at the moment and hopefully enough teams can stay around to see what this year could bring.

Reply #216009 | Report this post

Kobe-for-MVP  
Years ago

WE WANTED KERSTEN.. me and my mate did anyway.

give the boy a run!

Reply #216010 | Report this post

Kobe-for-MVP  
Years ago

Crowd: 4208.

Reply #216011 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Kersten injured himself in warmups

Reply #216015 | Report this post

Ace of spades  
Years ago

To many hotdogs?

Reply #216017 | Report this post

Ballinger Fan  
Years ago

The Crocs as a team missed 25 3 pointers, and with Julius lurking on the defensive foul line, grabbing the long rebound and running the break its not a good shot to miss.
And Ellis missed 9 foul shots as a result of the few occasions they did get the ball inside.

Bruce and Julius starting to develop as a good combination.

Great shot chart for Luke, they had no one that could guard him. Poor shooting game by Adam though by his standards, he was due for one anyways.

Reply #216018 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

Crowd 4208? Sounded like atleast 6208. What do you think the odds are of the 36ers paying for 3000 fans to go to Perth this weekend to make some noise so the team can feel like they are at home?

Reply #216019 | Report this post

DDFan  
Years ago

MASSIVE game by the guys tonight. 2 steals within the first minute & something special as well (can't remember, I was that blown away) before the 2 minute mark (Townies still scoreless).
The huge plus for me, was that EVERYONE contributed & played the team game. To those that write off Coops' contribution, you obviously didn't see the (non-stat) hard yards that he puts in. Tap outs, deflections & the team stuff.
My ONLY regret, was that the benchies weren't brought in earlier. Not on mass like they were, but singularly & with a well thought out support cast. Now THAT would've been perfect.
I assume X is tucked away into bed, so this can wait for the working hours of the 11th Dec. Mate, did Russel shoot through in the morning after using your toothbrush? FFS, get over the Hinder hate. Most people that've experienced his off-court company, reckon he's a non-stop comedian & very clever. Maybe I'm out of line, but I reckon you're neither.

Reply #216020 | Report this post

DDFan  
Years ago

Much embarrassed, I thought there was a scoreboard screw up with Rosell's number showing as 75.

Reply #216023 | Report this post

XztatiK  
Years ago

Nah DD, I'm here.

As I have said a million times, I have only once spoken to him outside of a game, so my opinion of him comes mostly from his on-court demeanor.

On court, he is a dirty, whinging, foul-mouthed, thug-like animal.

He sets more dirty moving/leaning/elbow-screens than anyone else in the NBL.

He frequently attempts to initiate fights with opposition players (usually when they score on him or block him). Fortunately, Jules didn't take his bait tonight.

His language, while it may not be offensive to most, is disgusting. Al Westover may go off a bit but Hinder is the certainly only individual I've heard say "c**t" on Fox Sports.

He is a massive whinger. -he throws a mini-tantrum every time a call goes against him, or even a teammate. (several times tonight he whinged about a foul when he was facing the other direction and didn't even see the incident).

It seems to be the people who have not seen him play much who think he's an innocent little kitten. After all, he is not really a big name in this league.

People with less NBL exposure tend to direct their negative attention to the well-known guys like Anstey, Worthington, Saville, Heal or Cattalini. The people who have not seen enough of Hinder to know what a mongrel he is.

It is not a personal thing, as you can see there are plenty of intelligent people who also despise Hinder and see exactly what I see.

So again, I can't comment extensively on his off-court 'humour and cleverness', but I have seen enough of his on-court bullshit to loathe him as a player and I will continue to do so. I was just happy to see so many of the NBL-savvy fans give him hell tonight, and to see him get POSTERIZED by Hodge, as were many others.

As for my comedic attributes, do I really need to tell you how pathetic and annoying the supposedly 'clever' jokes that YOU post on this site are? I'm certain that enough people have done that already.

Reply #216025 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

top win

Reply #216026 | Report this post

Perth Sixer fan  
Years ago

All I can Say go baby ill be at the game vs the cats man i cant wait to see hodge again He is a double double machine. Any other guys from here going to be there

Reply #216028 | Report this post

DDFan  
Years ago

XztatiK:

"As for my comedic attributes, do I really need to tell you how pathetic and annoying the supposedly 'clever' jokes that YOU post on this site are? I'm certain that enough people have done that already"

I'll cry myself to sleep, while you wet your bed.

Reply #216030 | Report this post

XztatiK  
Years ago

...exactly the type of shit I'm talking about.

Thankyou for such a mature and intelligent response DD.

Reply #216031 | Report this post

Dr Bullshit  
Years ago

My first game this season:

-Fantastic atmosphere - crowd were fantastic all night.
- Hodge and Luke = true stars
- Jacob = cannot get minutes with our roster (or he takes hills)
- Dome "colddogs", as crap as ever
- Agree about the bench, coulda been brought in earlier.
- Refs were decent (very shocked) bad call on lukes 3 seconds but we got a couple also.
- K-Rob was laughable. He hit 1-7 or whatever but the 1 he hit was only the 3rd shot from the same place in the one offence!
- Hinder - ugly (game and face)

Sixers look like true threats if they play like that.
Is there room for davidson to get minutes?

Reply #216032 | Report this post

DDFan  
Years ago

Dr Bullshit:

"Is there room for davidson to get minutes?

Davo demands minutes, & he'll get 'em. He's a massive plus for our team.
Did anyone notice him bodying up on Ebi on Saturday?

X-crement:

"...exactly the type of shit I'm talking about.

Thankyou for such a mature and intelligent response DD"

Suck the Nuk, cry baby.

Reply #216033 | Report this post

vanexel31  
Years ago

couldnt be at the game tonight due to my footy preseason, but very happy with what i saw. Crowd looked good on tv, of all the fox games were definately the largest and loudest crowd.

agree with all the comments above except for getting the bench guys on. they were making a solid run and really closed the gap late in the game, too risky to put in the young fellas. think were all a little to curious to see them play and see what they can offer. Im interested in seeing them too, but only once the win is in the bag.

hodge was great, was robbed of a triple double i tought as players e passed to were always getting fouled. still suprised he hasnt got that triple double yet, but he's still playing great. really wish we could have him beyond this season, but trying to enjoy watching him while i can.

after seeing hinder be hinder, he seems like a wanker to me and id bag the shit out of him if i was there. hes dopey ugly, whinges, plays dirty and he's not even that good. so god job xztztik giving him hell, im disappointed i wasnt there to do it myself but still can rest easy knowing the dickhead copped and ear full.

Reply #216034 | Report this post

Bizzy  
Years ago

I was talking to Kersten before the game and he said that he needs about 5 minutes to warm up to overcome the pain he's playing with, I would suggest that is why he didn't get minutes at the end as there wasn't enough time for him to warm up.

Reply #216038 | Report this post

quasi  
Years ago

Thought the game was good all around. Premature call on Hill being the latest superstar last game, back to 1/7 from the field. He needs to get some consistency. Bruce had a great game, defense was good as a team. Coop was a disgrace and his minutes on court are usually marred with stupid fouls and not a lot else. Holmes is becoming a worry, he's a better player than what he's put on court the past 3 or 4 games, needs to improve.

Reply #216040 | Report this post

rotateonthis  
Years ago

yes Drb in fact HODGE = HE GOD .

Reply #216049 | Report this post

Bruce Beck  
Years ago

Enjoyed this game ( and the Melbourne game) as the refs so much better than that Hawks and Dragons wrestling.
Thought Hodge got more assists this game and the melbourne game than recorded.
We had five very good players,last night. A pleasure to watch them.
Ballinger's shooting just a bit down on his normal brilliance.
Hill, Holmes and Cooper were disappointing to watch.

Reply #216050 | Report this post

SVD  
Years ago

Hear Gaze talk about his dunk in Geelong. Carfino said "That was on someone wasn't it?"

Gaze then threw out a couple of names - I was hoping he was gonna say "yeah - it was Cecil Exum I think".

Reply #216051 | Report this post

Kent Brockman  
Years ago

Video highlights here including the Hodge on Hinder

Reply #216052 | Report this post

me  
Years ago

Wooohooo, sounds like a great win.

"perthsixers fan" we will be there sat night, opposite the 36ers bench.

Kent thanks for the video, just a question...are carfs and Gaze prison escapees?? :)

I am developing a dangerous amount of man love for JUUULIUSSSS lol

roll on Saturday night...lets go 6ers!!!

Reply #216058 | Report this post

DJ  
Years ago

Anyone catch the Fox coverage - amusing interview with Hinder. Talking about how big the Sixers are vs small Crocs outfit, something along the lines of we'll hit em and run.
And than a classic comment.
"We need to gangbang the boards".

He may be a tool, but he's entertaining us, and as they keep saying the league needs emotional, outward players!

Reply #216064 | Report this post

West End  
Years ago

And then he mentioned something about "Ramming it down their throats".

Reply #216081 | Report this post

Mutley  
Years ago

I was very impressed by our defensive effort last night. We gave away nothing easy in the paint, and the Crocs poor perimeter shooting helped us exploit our size advantage on the defensive boards, thus resulting in some great opportunities in transition.

Ballinger was down a bit and his missed dunk was God awful, but the fantastic thing about him is that he gives you 20/11 on a below-par night.

I thought Aaron Bruce was great, he played with a lot of poise and control and was defensively solid. He is probably wishing all our games could be against Townsville. Maher's game was excellent in a backup roll. Hill's 1/7 doesn't do justice to how difficult he was to guard.

Cooper's game was a steaming turd. His inability to finish around the rim is concerning. He was solid on d as always though. Holmes, well I don't know what's up with him at the moment, but he's scored about 1 point in 3 games.

Big Luke was great again, and seems to add something to his game each week. Julius was everywhere, and his hustle and desire for the loose ball is excellent. A couple of average turnovers, but his impact was very positive, and since he's been here everyone else is suddenly so much more open in the half court.

I rate Townsville, but said to Squid going in that form doesn't mean much in Sixers/Crocs games, so was not surprised by the result. They have the same problem that Adelaide had in the past: when their perimeter shooters dry up they look VERY ordinary on offense. Rillie, Williamson, Cedar, Robertson et al couldn't hit anything last night, and their 5/30 from downtown just served to get our transition game going. I don't think they had one winner on the court last night.

Adelaide attempted only 12 threes (following 10 against Melbourne), and we have been doing a great job of getting the most production out of Ballinger, Schenscher, and Hodge.

Let's clean up the Wildcats on Saturday!

Reply #216093 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

The lack of 3PA concerns me.

It shows that we rely on driving into the key for the layup or foul/FT to score. Great teams are able to knock down a couple of 3's to get back on the scoreboard - we should put more up because we have got some great rebounders (Luke, Jacob, Balls, Messiah)

66 boards was phenomenal

Reply #216099 | Report this post

me  
Years ago

talking to cats fans here today...hehehe..they are nervous, love it

Lets go 6ers

Reply #216109 | Report this post

justin  
Years ago

Steaming turd is a good way to describe it.

Reply #216111 | Report this post

DDFan  
Years ago

Jack mate, not with you on launching 3s. Given a respectable return of 40ish %, it's less of a gamble to take it to the rim for the high % shot &/or draw a foul. We've done well through FORCING the opposition into trying to adjust to us.
Make a living from th 3 point line is a very fragile existance, just look at how the "in form" Crocs came out of it in last night's game.
I tend to look at it, that if you're playing tough D, score a high % shot & keep the pressure on. They're forced to go for the panic 3 to get back into it. Given our size & rebounding strength, that plays right into our hands. They HAVE TO hit that 3, or lose possession.
Relax mate, enjoy our form.

Reply #216128 | Report this post

Dr Bullshit  
Years ago

Why shoot 3s when uve got huge mismatches inside and you can lob the ball into schench for an easy bucket. We aren't the 36ers of old where if we didnt hit the 3 ball we didnt win. I like the new look, we have a good mix of shooters/drivers/post players/rebounders.

Reply #216164 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 2:54 pm, Thu 18 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754