LA Boy
Years ago

Should new NBL start in 09?

With all the talks about the new NBL in 09 does anyone think they're rushing with it?

My thought is they really 'reform' everything and make sure things are right for re-launched say in 2010?

This includes eg. guaranteed FTA coverage, plan conferences (yes make it a somewhat bigger competition) etc.

With this delay for re-launch, they can lock down teams that will be involved and during this "year off" those clubs can really focus on marketing by things such as reach out to the community to draw crowd?

Topic #18368 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

the only problem i can see would be where these guys would go who are playing now?
I know all the good ones would be fine, but others are still trying to pay mortgages too...

i think something like A league would be ok, start small and only allow teams in who can bank roll for 3 to 5 years...none of this stuff...having said that the taipans were a 10 year team.
guess they stopped re inventing the wheel and that has sort of hurt somewhat!

Reply #215982 | Report this post

curtley  
Years ago

major major reform should be the key to the new league getting off to a good start, different time of year, allowing asians as non-imports, more boomers games, and solid ground rules to set up the league as it grows later.

Reply #216078 | Report this post

curtley  
Years ago

major major reform should be the key to the new league getting off to a good start, different time of year, allowing asians as non-imports, more boomers games, and solid ground rules to set up the league as it grows later.

Reply #216079 | Report this post

curtley  
Years ago

Reply #216080 | Report this post

LA Boy  
Years ago

I really like your idea about Asian players as non-imports! This means NBL can offer China better competition than what they have as our standard is higher and from there it can potentially attract Asian crowd from both Australia and internationally.

Also with players losing their jobs if the league takes a year off: when you look at it if NBL don't take enough time and make sure they set things right the league can be gone for A LONG TIME!

In addition, most of those "lower class" players make their earnings from part-time jobs and off-season leagues anyway.

Reply #216091 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:20 pm, Thu 28 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754