Isaac
Years ago

Liam Rush leaves Spirit for Europe

The 'Westbus' Sydney Spirit have lost the services of guard/forward Liam Rush after the talented swingman chose to exercise an out-clause in his contract and accept a lucrative offer to play in Europe.

Rush will leave the team immediately to join Swedish first division team Sundsvall Dragons, who are currently sitting in last place on the ladder in the BasketLigan competition.

Spirit head coach Rob Beveridge said it was disappointing to see Rush go, but that the team wished him all the best as he embarks upon a European career.
Full article

Topic #18389 | Report this topic

KingJames  
Years ago

It's sad to lose Rush. Now that he is hunting the dollars we will probably never see him in the NBL again. While he continued to improve I don't think we saw the best of him!

Reply #216257 | Report this post

Skin  
Years ago

I guess a contrat over there is better than half a contract here.

He make like playing infront of spectators as well

Reply #216265 | Report this post

Skin  
Years ago

*may like playing infront of spectators as well

Reply #216269 | Report this post

ExWhyZee  
Years ago

i have absolutely we will never see the best of him...by the time he returns he will be past his best, this guy was on the up and up..

good luck to him, and in honesty i think we will lose more players OS with the state of the NBL...i mean for pro athletes why would you be staying in an unstable working environment?

Reply #216291 | Report this post

Jordan  
Years ago

I wish all the best for Liam for the future, he was absolutely one of the best up-and-coming players in the League.

Anyone else think he would have looked good in a Sixers jersey next year once Brett retires?

Reply #216297 | Report this post

DJ  
Years ago

Did you type that wrong Isaac? Surely you meant he has left the Spirit to sign with the South Dragons.

Reply #216299 | Report this post

LA Boy  
Years ago

uhhh "lucrative" contract? anybody know how much he's getting?

Reply #216306 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

Will the last one out of Spirit or Taipans please switch off the light

Reply #216393 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"He may like playing infront of spectators as well" - The he shouldn't be going to Sweden. I've heard a good crowd over there is about 1,000.

Reply #216395 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 1:19 pm, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754