Quagmire
Years ago

'All disappointing' team so far in Season 09/10

Quarter time in the NBA season so i thought i might suggest the 'All Disappointing' team starters by position.

PG- Baron Davis. A huge talent that just lacks any type of conscience at all.

SG- Andre Iguodala. Big talent that has not improved his shooting. With Elton signing he should of been setting practise records for shooting and we should of seen some improvement from the perimeter. Look at what Marvin Williams has been able to do with improved shooting to help Atlanta.

SF- Shawn Marion. His drop in production since leaving the suns and coach D's system has been huge. So much so that the Heat can't find a taker in trades and will let him walk end of the season.

PF- Amare Stoudamire. Brand has been poor in Philly, but he is a victim of poor conditioning and a team that provides no outside shooting to prevent double teams. Amare continues to tease us with his limitless potential but can't seem to find consistancy and take the next step. I have been called an Amare hater many times, but tell me, is he any better from his second year in the league to now?

C- Eddy Curry. If ever a player was going to get off the couch and hit a treadmill it was when Coach D'Antonio came to town. Instead he has been 'sick' and stayed fat and completely useless to the knicks. The worst part is that there will be teams that still think he could be useful...

Topic #18419 | Report this topic

rotateonthis  
Years ago

Iguodala is all athleticism and zero brain . Watched plenty of phili this year and he really takes a lot away from the team . Needs to accept that he is not the first banana anymore and just a piece of the puzzle . He should focus his energy on D to help the team .

Reply #216744 | Report this post

SKUX101  
Years ago

You are crazy, Quagmire, Amare should not be there. The guy is averaging 22.3 PPG and 8.6 RPG.
He is shooting 55 % from FG, 50 % 3PFG and 81 % FT.
All those shooting precentages are well above his career averages.

I think that Jermaine O'Neal should take his place. O'Neal has being very very dissappointing, and was picked up by the Raptors to really strengthen the team. The team has struggled and O'Neal is averaging just 12 PPG and 7 RPG.

Reply #216745 | Report this post

Big Marty  
Years ago

Agree with Skux101. Amare got that 51pt game earlier in the year. I'd probably dump O'Neal at the 'C' and Brand at the 'PF'.

Curry has been crap for too long to warrant being considered. Why vote for someone dropping their game when their game is already being kicked on the floor.

Reply #216748 | Report this post

Quagmire  
Years ago

Thought about O'neal, but put him under the same heading as Brand. Former star that is now more suited to a secondary role. Injuries have taken a huge toll on O'neal and we just shouldn't be expecting more than what he is capable of now.

'He is shooting 55 % from FG, 50 % 3PFG and 81 % FT.
All those shooting precentages are well above his career averages.'

Actually, he shot 59% last year, 57% the year before that....
He is 2/4 this season from downtown, 5/31 last year, so excuse me if i don't label him a 3pt threat just yet. His free throws have shown improvement over his career though, so i guess thats a win.

For the record, his rebounding and shot blocking has declined this season also...

I guess my thing with Amare is that i am disappointed that he really has not become the player i think he could of been. I put it down to toughness, lack there of, and growing a mo-hawk does not a tough guy make.

Reply #216750 | Report this post

Kobe-for-MVP  
Years ago

Bdiddy get used to a new system SHOULD NOT be there.

Proved it by coming up strong against portland, that was a big game for him and back to the old Bdiddy

Reply #216761 | Report this post

Quagmire  
Years ago

Fair to say Baron may be one of the most 'must fit system' type players in the L. Next to Shaq. He was hardly gun against the blazers either- 11 of 29 from the field... traditonally runs out the season well so look for the clips to get a little better...

As soon as they can trade Kaman to the Bobcats for Wallace the better.

Reply #216763 | Report this post

wow another shitty quagmire thread about amare.

and i thought this season was 08/09

Reply #216764 | Report this post

Rex Hunt  
Years ago

PG: Quagmire - too many random NBA threads
SG: rotateonthis - not enough spaces in name
SF: SKUX101 - not even a name
PF: Kobe-for-MVP - Posting % down on last year
C: ELG - Too much crap about Wilt

Reply #216775 | Report this post

Ace of spades  
Years ago

6th man: Rex Hunt - for his useless contribution

Reply #216777 | Report this post

Kent Brockman  
Years ago

Wouldn't Jawai be up there for most disapointing?

Reply #216778 | Report this post

quagmire  
Years ago

Took the post right out of my mouth!

For all Aussies the fate of jawai has to be the most disappointing aspect of the season so far.

Nice post Rex hunt, i have a boring job- get used to random threads :-)

Reply #216780 | Report this post

DJ  
Years ago

Quag - Nearly 20 & 10 is pretty good for anyone, your suggesting he should improve every year even though he came in as an impact player?
I'd be happy if he was actually averaging 20 & 10 and that's where he should be.

I agree the potential is there for him to become a more dominant player, but feel for that to happen he would need to be (or turn the suns into) a more selfish and less team orientated team. That would surely only be to the detriment of the Suns and their system.

Why are the Lakers so good, because they have built a strong team around Kobe that dosn't require him to score 30+ every night. He can draw the defense and attention of opposition teams, fill the gaps around him with good enough players and you have the potential of a great team that dosnt require the star to cover the stats sheet but just contribute.

PS I'm Orange at heart.

Reply #216781 | Report this post

quagmire  
Years ago

If your orange at heart- you can't tell me you wouldn't rather see him average 22 and 14. For the record, there is a difference between 8 and 10.

He would be such a good player for them if he put 100% into D, fact is i think he actually chases the points not the boards.

I see where your coming from too, Paul Pierce is another example of a dominant talent playing within the team needs, but that is really a scoring thing, every player needs to be 100% on D. To quote 20 yr coach Sloan- "I don't know about a green light to shoot, i know they have the green light to rebound and play D."

Reply #216783 | Report this post

KingJames  
Years ago

*Yawn*

In the last two games without Shaq (one of the best rebounds ever in the modern game), Stoudamire has been averaging 12.5 rebounds per game is that good enough?

No, sorry that is right you want him to get 14 a game with Shaq in the team. There is only one player in the league that gets that, so you are saying you are not satisfied with Stoudamire until he is number 1 in rebounding in the league! Give the guy a break!

You seriously need to go get Counselling so that you can get over your Stoudamire hate!

Reply #216787 | Report this post

XztatiK  
Years ago

I'm just glad he's off Kobe!

I haven't seen much of STAT this year on TV so I can't comment on his D but I know his scoring and rebounding numbers are nothing to be disappointed with.

Reply #216792 | Report this post

jules  
Years ago

Having seen every Raptors game so far, theres no way I regret the Jermaine trade. No way. He hasnt been putting up monsterous numbers but his inside presence is so obvious when hes on the court.

He finally gives Toronto an intimidator...It's been so many years since you've seen a Raptor get in someones face and not back down from anyone, get some techs, knock people around, all that shit...The Raptors have been a team of nice guys for too long, he is a refreshing element.

As for Baron, his production is a result of the system he is in, and how shithouse Dunleavy is as a coach - not his fault.

Id throw Gerald Wallace in, Iverson (who has made Detroit so much worse), and Mike Miller

Reply #216809 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

Jules is corect, J-Oneal has done great guns for T-Dot. He's the first Raptors outside of JYD to put someone on their arse.

Dunleavy is bbbbbbbaadddddd as a coach.... Diddy aint getting used as he should be.

If crash is gone, plus give me a starting big.

Reply #216819 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Together they could be the 'form' team of the NBA.

Reply #216825 | Report this post

STAT  
Years ago

Quagmire do you even like the NBA?

Totally agree with KingJames how can Amar'e's rebounding and blocked shots numbers increase when he has the Big Cactus unleashing all his Shaq Fuu in the keyway?

A serious question though do you even watch Amar'e play? Im not talkin just highlights or sports centre but whole games?

Agreed with Iggy though now there is someone with limitless potential and a lack of results form the hype!

Reply #216826 | Report this post

jules  
Years ago

Ohhh JYD was the MAN!!!

Reply #216839 | Report this post

Quagmire  
Years ago

Can i make it real clear, i'm not an Amare hater, i am disappointed he is not the player i hoped he would become. He is awesome, just so close to being a league force that it makes me wanna pull out my hair.

Maybe i am wrong then and you guys are right- he has reached his peak and that is all we should expect, which is still good, just not great. I hoped he would develop into a KG/Duncan/Howard type defender, hence my disappointment. Maybe i should of made that clear before you all assume i hated him for no good reason.

Do me a favour- check a box score now and then and take note of how many forwards matched against STAT have an above average game for points, rebounds and shooting %.

Reply #216844 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

1 game wow!

Reply #216868 | Report this post

Quagmire  
Years ago

look em all up tool.

Since i havn't seen the latest result, i'm going to assume that last game it happened as well.

Reply #216871 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

(Mod: Go away.)

Reply #216876 | Report this post

Quagmire  
Years ago

Another satisfied customer.

Reply #216878 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:56 am, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754