confused
Years ago

Sporting Pulse Ladders

If two teams are equal on win-loss record after the summer season, am I right in thinking that final positions are decided by the result of he game between those two teams, not on overall percentage??

If so,would Sporting Pulse be updated to reflect this?

Topic #18421 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

confused - yes, you are correct - it is based on head-to-head first, not overall percentage.

My team went down a spot due to this on the ladder (ie we had better % but lost to them) - and it was rectified before our X-overs. I think they actually just "took a point off us" to drop us down that spot.

Reply #216782 | Report this post

With the outcome of the games having to be called off on Friday evening - no true ladder can be posted in many grades. As this affects the outcome of teams being dropped I would like to know who the hell can make any fair and equitable decisions about it. Heres a suggestion - How about they take the table at the end of the winter season and put thru teams based on those results.

Reply #216784 | Report this post

anonie  
Years ago

Who said anything about teams been dropped ?.....I think that may be nothing but a rumour, but I could be wrong.

Reply #216794 | Report this post

cavolo  
Years ago

When an uneven amount of games have been played,i.e. Team A - 15 games (10 W, 5 L) and Team B - 14 games (9 W, 5 L), then SP uses percentage of games one as this is really the only way to calculate it fairly. This generally happens in the case when some teams have had more byes than others. In my little example, although both teams have five losses, Team A would be ranked higher as their percentage of games won would be 66%, whilst Team B's would be 64.3%

Some could see it as an advantage to have played more games, but although if you lose it, it is far more damaging to your percentage than a win is.

Reply #216796 | Report this post

leopard  
Years ago

sporting pulse ladders after 2 crossover games totally unreflective of strength of teams in our division, I am assuming that some teams will be dropped down (ie we had pools in our division, surely that won't continue in winter?)but crossover ladders cannot possibly be used for that. Mysterious process.

Reply #216799 | Report this post

anonie - where have you been hiding - the current summer season will be used to grade and drop teams to lower divisions - Clubs that have 2 teams in a division will in every likelihood lose their second teams out of the competition.....sux

Reply #216800 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Why would teams want to stay in a competition where they are being beaten by 40-60 points per week, just because they are a member club it is not good for the players morale and they will learn nothing....

Reply #216857 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

So the grading system is only to allocate spare spots to teams who want to nominate two teams in a division. Does that mean that a club with two teams both finishing say mid field will not take a spot of a club with one nominated team where that team won zero or one game over the summer period and finished much lower down the table.

If so it is not truly a grading system and if so why not play all clubs with two nominated teams in the one pool to rank them and allocate spare spots from 1 through to whatever until the spare spots are no longer available.

On a different subject there were whispers that some competitions normally played on a Saturday morning will shift to Friday night. Is there any substance to this?

Reply #216875 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Any news anyone??

Reply #220976 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Still waiting......

Reply #221179 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 6:25 pm, Wed 24 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754