Quagmire
Years ago

Coach D'Antonio

Could i love this guy any more?!

He is a modern day legend in the making.

Gets teams to play hoops like it should be. All out effort on D and scoring like its fun.

Read that his phoenix team ranked 16th on D per pos basis which isn't bad at all.

How lon b4 other teams finally employ his tactics?

It is said it doesn't win finals- well it clearly gets teams there which is more than most teams can do!

Plus- without some injuries and unlucky suspensions, the suns could easily be sporting 2 rings...

Unlucky Phoenix, Knicks fans rejoice, regardless of 2010, there is good times ahead!

Topic #18443 | Report this topic

KingJames  
Years ago

Quagmire the other day you were attacking Amare's D. Now you say his former coach "Gets teams to play hoops like it should be. All out effort on D and scoring like its fun." Surely Amare is a big part of his teams defence.

You also add "without some injuries and unlucky suspensions, the suns could easily be sporting 2 rings..." So now it had nothing to do with Amare's under performing but rather injuries and unlucky suspensions?

Reply #217130 | Report this post

Quagmire  
Years ago

Amare is suited to the system. If he is not playing in coach D's system he is a weak link in D. He just isn't suited to the slow, half court D style that GMs seem to beleive is the winning formulae.

That series against the spurs- Kurt Thomas kept Duncan honest and Amare played a great role as weak side defender.

I'm not the Amare hater you think i am.

If they resigned Joe Johnson and Kurt Thomas didn't walk... jesus wept...

Reply #217138 | Report this post

ANOTHER shitty quagmire thread

Reply #217145 | Report this post

Surmdog  
Years ago

thats funny,
"the slow, half court D style that GMs seem to beleive is the winning formula"

i think that the GMs might be right about that one.

= championships

Reply #217147 | Report this post

Quagmire  
Years ago

ELG- Respect my threads. ;-)

Reply #217150 | Report this post

SVD  
Years ago

I rarely agree with ELG's views - totally agree with this one.

Reply #217152 | Report this post

Quagmire  
Years ago

So its a shit thread to show some respect to a guy that is winning with a team of cast-offs?

ELG / SVD get educated.

Reply #217154 | Report this post

Boom Patrol  
Years ago

knicks are 11-14
correct me if im wrong but that isnt a winning team?
get educated quagmire

Reply #217157 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

ELG - don't be so sour. If you disagree with Quagmire on this topic, there's likely a better way to say it and encourage them to post something more in line with what you'd like to read in the future.

Reply #217254 | Report this post

Quagmire  
Years ago

Article on Coach D from Hollinger on ESPN.

Boom patrol / ELG / SVD have a read, if you want...

http://linky.com.au/ubu6w

Reply #217296 | Report this post

Oh i do agree

he just posts a lot

Reply #217302 | Report this post

And im not reading a Hollinger article, that guy knows nothing

Reply #217303 | Report this post

SVD  
Years ago

I don't care about D'Antoni and how awesome you think he is a coach - it is just the endless airing of opinions on the NBA that that you defend so vehemently that I am agreement in ELG with. I think it was the word "ANOTHER" in ELG's post that I agreed mainly with.

I was in a bad mood yesterday and jumped the gun with my post. I should have kept my opinion to myself and do what I normally do with anything you post - ignore it.

This is a basketball site and you can post whatever you want. Me being grumpy is all.

Reply #217305 | Report this post

Quagmire  
Years ago

ELG- if you claim he knows nothing, do me a favour and read the article and let me know your take on it.

Obviously to claim Hollinger knows nothing suggests you have some greater insight to offer?

Reply #217312 | Report this post

KingJames  
Years ago

I just read my first Hollinger article ever and he said

"In fact, it's possible the Knicks could win more games than Phoenix,"

That will be my last Hollinger article I read :)

I agree with EGL, "that guy knows nothing" sums it up.

Reply #217328 | Report this post

Quagmire  
Years ago

Some of you guys are way too arrogant man, like what you post matters, like threads really matter.

Just chil-lax and talk some hoops,

Take the good,
take the bad,
take the piss,
just don't take it so damn serious.

Reply #217468 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 2:59 am, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754