Nino
Years ago

NBL top 6 tightening up

Spirit just knocked off the Crocs, its now so tight at the top, and the 36ers are a HUGE threat to leap frog the Wildcats and Crocs and put some distance between them and the rest. Some of these results are so good for the 36ers Ive been keeping track of them as though its us playing! The Tigers clash and Blaze NYE games, can potentially put us a a solid 4th turning into the new year. Not bad when you think where we were not so long ago!

Topic #18487 | Report this topic

Kent Brockman  
Years ago

Crocs now fall to 500 after loosing to the spirit.

Crocs V Wildcats this week will mean one of them will go sub 500,so if we get the win against the Tigers my maths say we will jump to 4th on the ladder this week with a superior %

Currently Spirit, Crocs, Cats and 36ers are within 1 win of each other.

Top 3 look to be set, Cairns, Gold Coast and Blaze look to have locked down the bottom 3 spots.

36ers will be hoping that the Hawks can get the Spirit this week as well to create a buffer on the ladder.

Reply #217755 | Report this post

skip  
Years ago

To get at least one playoff home game by finishing in the Top 4 would be awesome, but Im not convinced we can get there yet.

Reply #217756 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

I was keeping any eye on the ladder myself and doing some hypothetical calculations. Its an exciting time for the 36ers at the moment but its also a time where only 1 win or loss can move you 2 positions either way on the ladder. A win against the Tigers this coming weekend would be a dream come true and help set up the rest of the season. The rest of the games this season apart from 2 or 3 can be pencilled in as wins provided the team don't go into the game expecting an easy win like they started off last night. There is no reason why they can't get atleast another 7 wins from the remaining 11 games. That would put us in a great position come playoff time.

Reply #217760 | Report this post

Coady  
Years ago

I agree, although a little to close for comfort.. Im sorry but we are not god enough under pressure, and looking at the big picture ( being the ladder) if we need to win a game, say at the end of season to get us into playoffs i beleive that we will crumble. Thus meaning we need to get into solid 6 before our last couple of games, and the tigers will not be an easy task over thier, we lost by a big margion when we travelled in rd 4 we got beaten by some 28pts, minus hodge.. but with him and minus the 6th man ( crowd) i think it will be tough ask.

Reply #217768 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 1:52 pm, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754