Kent Brockman
Years ago

NewNBL and FTA

I have had it mentioned to me that Chanel 10 has locked down a deal with the new nbl to have it featured on their new FTA sports only digital channel.

It is being showcased to sponsors at the moment to gather support for telecasts etc.

Very good news stay tuned for more as i hear it

Topic #18491 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Thats great news. Do You Know if NBA is being shown on FTA as my foxtel plan is up and im not sure if i should renew it or not. Ill re new it if FTA isnt showing NBA

Reply #217784 | Report this post

ExWhyZee  
Years ago

freakin great news...i have pay but will be good to get more games to more ppl...only way to drag the game up from the gutters

Reply #217794 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Channel 10 won rights to the NBA in 2009 - I'm not sure if it was ESPN or NBC coverage. May want to check.

Reply #217795 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

hopefully NBC so we can still get the games on fox aswell

Reply #217797 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

LC you know where i can check, ive had a quick look by using google but couldnt find anything

Reply #217798 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Are you 100% sure about this Kent?

Its just I don't want to get my hopes up if it isn't true in the end.

If this is true it could be that basketballs revival will be mainly thanks to the wonderful people at channel 10 with nba and nbl coverage!!

Reply #217800 | Report this post

Kent Brockman  
Years ago

well they are spruiking it at the moment and with the above mention of NBA rights would match up to them getting back into Basketball as they really dont have any sport of note to cover live.

When 10 had the NBL they where showing NBA at the same time so it looks like history is repeating

Reply #217801 | Report this post

skip  
Years ago

Plenty to cover live, just not a primetime.

Reply #217803 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

theres plenty of nbl @ prime time tho, just not NBA but who cares, they can replay it a prime time like fox does if they want.

Reply #217808 | Report this post

Kobe-for-MVP  
Years ago

Positive for basketball if true

Reply #217826 | Report this post

Dana  
Years ago

http://linky.com.au/kktzd
This should be tha announcement re Channel 10. It says 3 NBA games per week.

Reply #217862 | Report this post

Hood 26  
Years ago

NBC hasn't covered NBA games for 5 years now. Hopefully this sports station provides the weekly TNT double header and the NBA tv game of the week.

Reply #217891 | Report this post

nutter  
Years ago

YESSSS another reason to con my dad into getting a new HD TV! that along with NFL, NASCAR and AFL coverage ill never be getting off the coutch.

Reply #217909 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Any idea what the offer consists of? Every game?

Reply #217943 | Report this post

DICKO  
Years ago

From what I understand, Fox have a last bid scenario locked up. So, even if ONE want to show NBL, they'll have to beat Foxtel outright for the rights to do so.

Here's hoping they can.

Reply #217944 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Lets hope they can come to an arragement where ONE and FOX both show NBL: and together cover EVERY game.

Reply #217970 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Channels actually fighting for NBL coverage... i can't believe it.

Reply #217972 | Report this post

DDFan  
Years ago

#217972:

"Channels actually fighting for NBL coverage... i can't believe it"

: )

Reply #217978 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:20 pm, Thu 28 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754