Kent Brockman
Years ago

Yi being investigated for age discrepancy

Foxsports Tv is running a story about how Yi is caught up in an investigation into Chinese basketballers being listed as younger than what they are.

Yi's primary school records alledgedly say he was born in 1984 while his FIBA and NBA docs say 1987.

There are apparently 30 or more Chinese players that have played in under age tournaments that have been playing older than stated.

I dont know what it means for all the results but you would think they would have to be excluded from tournament results if it is found to be true.

Topic #18511 | Report this topic

There was a guy who played for North adelaide in my age group who was asian and he was so much bigger than us and dominated but by about u16's everyone had caught up to him height wise and he wasn't any good anymore cos he wasnt bigger and stronger than everyone and he quit

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Reply #218006 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

and WTF does that have to do with this ELG?

Reply #218014 | Report this post

Boom Patrol  
Years ago

LOL elg!
thats so random hahahaha

Reply #218015 | Report this post

I remember the dude ELG's on about. Came in at u12, huge body, and kicked arse big time. Played the same time as R. Kerston & E Burdon. ELG seems to be drawing a parallel with sentence no. 2 in Brockman's post.

Reply #218017 | Report this post

asian in question  
Years ago

ELG how dare you accuse me of cheating.... ill tell you that i had to put up with taunts from school kids about my size and this greatly effected me during my youth. you cannot hope to understand what i went through.... the front of u to make these statements.

ohh wait. the ring came off my pudding can

Reply #218023 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

elg the reason his career went down the shitter was his father died and his life went downhill fast after

Reply #218030 | Report this post

Wayville 62  
Years ago

ELG - same age group as me.

Not sure how true it is, but we had heard that he (Peter) came to australia at a young age as a refugee, and subsequently no ID documents. So as a 3 year old was provided with a birth cert that understated his age by about 3 years.

That was the age group that won state champs (every year i recall) and did quite well at classics. Hate for those achievements to be tarnished as suggested in Yi's case by Brockman.

Peter still plays, Sat comp (winter) div A at Mars.

Good bloke.

Reply #218033 | Report this post

Asian in question - Use my penknife, my good man

Reply #218037 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

this asian guy sounds alot like jordan dodman... big guy in juniors who never got bigger, so he got less use full

Reply #218038 | Report this post

BigTimePlayer  
Years ago

Jordan Dodman haha thats so true

Reply #219081 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 5:45 pm, Sat 30 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754