Crazy
Years ago

Hodge League Leader

Hodge is currently leading the league in Points and Assists and fourth in Rebounds.

Can anyone remember another player in the league to do this

Usualy someone like Gaze would be leader in points but not assits - maybe rob rose, but I don't think he was usualy top scorer but did have an even stat line

Topic #18515 | Report this topic

nutter  
Years ago

Also leading the league in offensive boards... pretty impressive

Reply #218026 | Report this post

HO  
Years ago

another example of how poor the nbl's website is.

on the player averages section hodge leagues the league in all these categories....while in the top 20's he doesn't.

Reply #218040 | Report this post

Nino  
Years ago

MVP

Reply #218044 | Report this post

DICKO  
Years ago

Currently the league leader in "I LUVE You JULES!!!" or stalker type posts on hoops.com.au
as well.

Reply #218045 | Report this post

La  
Years ago

All he needs to do now is turn up to training

Reply #218046 | Report this post

oldcat2  
Years ago

Imaging if Hodge warmed up with team mates and had a reliable jump shot how good he could be...

Reply #218051 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

Training and warm ups probably were restricted by an ankle problem and knowing he's required for 40mins.
He shot a little bit better on saturday. Looked to be moving more freely.

Reply #218054 | Report this post

Stats Machine  
Years ago

Hodge doesn't go to training?

Reply #218055 | Report this post

bretts the man  
Years ago

Julius is like Gaze was, you dont think he is playing that well then you look at the scoreboard. How good would he be if he had a jump shot and a 3 point shot.
Without those and a so so defence he wont make N B A but hope we can keep.

Reply #218057 | Report this post

KingJames  
Years ago

Excatly, we can't ask for more from Julius. If he could do anymore he would be in the NBA.

Reply #218068 | Report this post

lukn4atitle  
Years ago

Exactly ,lets enjoy his game and what he brings to the competition.sorry about the previous post its blank would delete if I could.

Reply #218085 | Report this post

joshuapending  
Years ago

yeah i noticed the last 2 home games he did not warm up with the rest of the team. 1 week he came on really late and did a few of the runs up the half court etc. Maybe he just does not like to do the drills before the games and gets in his own zone or something.

Reply #218103 | Report this post

lukn4atitle  
Years ago

a point missed is in an early game Hodge suffered cramp ,this may be the reason to increase the chance of getting through 40 minutes if needed. Imagine if Hodge cramped up with 90 seconds to go last week! His ankle is also a good reason if their is a problem.

Reply #218106 | Report this post

Samba  
Years ago

I dont think its anyones business if he chooses to warm up or not! The team is winning, and that as fans is all we need to be concerned with! And as for the not training issue....for me its the same deal. This guy is a pure freak and has made a ok team very very good and in real contention, so people just need to accomodate a bit, lets face it, imports that know their worth have a tendancy to 'primadonna it up' a little in Australia. AS LONG as this team keeps winning I am a happy man is if pulls a Allen Iverson!

It may not be right, but ill swallow the moral pill if it means my team has a winning culure AGAIN because thats what its all about people!

Reply #218117 | Report this post

Ballinger Fan  
Years ago

As indicated in other threads, there have been a couple of statements in the press by Boti and coach Scott indicating that Julius's "tweaked" ankle against the Tigers affected how often he was allowed to train. It has since been reported that as his "tweaked" ankle is now ok, he is back to full trainings.

Having been at the game, and seeing him re-tighten his laces to the max on that foot after he did it, a couple of meters in front of the Melbourne bench no less! I was pretty impressed. He didn't get too many boards if any after that, but he still managed to contribute. His ability to play while injured is impressive. Normal players try to hide an injury and not do that in front of an opponents bench, but an angry Julius is not a normal player.

To my knowledge there has been no press/public statements about Julius sitting out some of the match warm ups. Everyone is just assuming that because it started immediately after his cramping up game it has something to do with that, but no one has confirmed that publicly as far as i know. Would be interesting if someone could find that out.

Reply #218127 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

HO, I think their "minimum games played" code is a bit dodgy?

Reply #218908 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:43 pm, Thu 28 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754