if not 2k9

Reply #218145 | Report this post

DJ  
Years ago

2k9 you wont be dissapointed.

Reply #218160 | Report this post

Humpa  
Years ago

live is one of the worst basketball games to ever be made.

2k is probably the best.

Reply #218168 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

really? how come, whats the difference?

Reply #218170 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

read the reviews and find out for yourself.

Reply #218175 | Report this post

Kobe-for-MVP  
Years ago

i rate live, everyone else just bashes it cos they can. its not as bad as people say! its a personal thing but 2k wins over.. just!!!

Reply #218176 | Report this post

XztatiK  
Years ago

Live's annoying as hell.

2k9.

Reply #218192 | Report this post

DJ  
Years ago

Live 09 isn't as bad as the past few before that, they were terrible. Either one you will be happy with, just find personally i get more out of 2k9 than live.

Reply #218195 | Report this post

DDFan  
Years ago

Have you guys heard of the opposite sex?
Lift your game boys.

Reply #218201 | Report this post

twenty four  
Years ago

Yeah, Live isn't as bad as people seem to want it to be. It's kinda like reading a Pitchfork review of a good album by a popular band - it won't get the credit it deserves, simply because it's easy for them to put down the band rather than focus on the music....

Anyway, I've probably said it on here before, but Live is the more fun game, IMO. 2K is deeper as far as game play goes - you need to play serious D every play, momentum changes and it becomes bloody hard to get it back, etc, but comes with much fewer bells and whistles. Live has the FIBA component, easier controls (and probably general gameplay), etc

Both solid games, I reckon. Probably will just come down to personal preference.

Reply #218205 | Report this post

DJ  
Years ago

Pretty much summed it up there twenty four.
Live = arcade
2k9 = a very good sim, and with some slider changes you can make it as aracade as you like.

Reply #218207 | Report this post

XztatiK  
Years ago

"Have you guys heard of the opposite sex?
Lift your game boys."

DD, with HoopsSA and OzHoops combined you must get in close to a hundred posts a day - maybe you should invest in a video game yourself. We'd all appreciate it.

Reply #218436 | Report this post

Big Marty  
Years ago

NBA Live 06 was the last good Ball game from EA. Although the game was rather easy. I had Bogut averaging 30ppg, 18rpg, 22bpg. Then EA went on their usual "Let's improve on last years 'already sound' gameplay and ruin it" process and screwed themselves.

I've owned and played Live 03-08 and the series died in the arse after 06'. 2K9 is probably the best ball game I've played in a while and certainly fixed the majority of bugs the series had in 2K8.

Personally I prefer the AI in 2K9 and that the system runs plays based upon your playing style. The hot spots actually work nicely and ball pressuring AI players actually has an effect on the shot 9/10 times.

Once you get used to the mechanics of the 2K system, it's far more enjoyable than Live.

Reply #218758 | Report this post

COD Fan  
Years ago

Forget those girls Bball games.

Call of Duty 4 on line.

End of thread.

Reply #219822 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 5:17 am, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754