Phat Prophet
Years ago

NBA Shooting percentages

Did anybody see the sooting percentage for Portland today against the Lakers - something like 36%.

These guys are supposed to be playing in the best league in the world and shoot like that. I know they have the best defenders on them too, but surely thats not good.

I have noticed many of the superstars shoot quite a low percentage e.g. Iveson and Bryant as well.

I don't think I have seen a NBA side shoot better than 50% ever.

Topic #1853 | Report this topic

britney spears  
Years ago

well you havent seen much nba then

Reply #21103 | Report this post

J Bags  
Years ago

Prohet you should look into the future and see that wack posts with no intelegent basis will be ridiculed and laughed at!

Let me point some facts out:
3 games played yesterday in the NBA had +50% shooting.

The 36ers vs Hawks in Rd 18 NBL was one of the worst shooting games in history. 30%+36% (Hmm quality)

I think you should really review your posting procedure prophet. It is.......Average.

Oh J bags you really like to burn don't you! And peel

Reply #21106 | Report this post

Phat Prophet  
Years ago

Ouch Bags, tell your boyfriend to be nice to you as you can be quite bitchy.

You backed-up what I was getting at, which is poor shooting is not good basketball to watch in any league. I didn't do my homework as I tend to just look at the results I am interested in. Now having gone back at the last 50 NBA games, only 20 teams out of a possible 100 shot 50 % or better. Make your own judgement.

As someone famous once said "Being attacked by you is like being hit with a warm lettuce leaf".

Reply #21136 | Report this post

Kriss  
Years ago

I reckon the average NBL ppg is higher than NBA, if not more entertaining to watch- most NBL teams look to outscore their opponent (BAR HAWKS-KINGS) NBA teams are that much harder to score against because they stress D (BAR KINGS-MAVS)

Reply #21155 | Report this post

Kriss  
Years ago

Oh yeah i forgot the SUNS as wel 122points avg on a 6 game swing!?!

Reply #21158 | Report this post

J Bags  
Years ago

My lettuce leaf my be warm and wilted but it has anthrax on it!!!

Breath it in while you can, as I wouldn't mind releasing a barrage of insults so that you are lying in fetal position, crying like a school girl and your mum will be wondering why you aren't eating your peas!

If you don't want to be insulted refrain from writing daft comments like "I've never seen an NBA team shoot over 50%"

Stay crisp lettuce in a bag

Reply #21169 | Report this post

J Bags Lova  
Years ago

go you J Bags, see you at the cage soon, leave some wit in your bag for ABA bloke!

Reply #21170 | Report this post

J Bags Hata  
Years ago

J Bags your a fool please stop posting such stupid posts against people with a broad mind.

Stay down little J, I will play wit you later

Reply #21185 | Report this post

J Bags  
Years ago

Geez, I make a triumphant return to the forum and all I get is shot down in flames.

Come on folks what happened when I left?? Did you all leave the coat hangers in you shirts?

It's all in jest!

Every one is stuck in their suit bags

Reply #21187 | Report this post

Phat Prophet  
Years ago

Thanks to our own self-appointed forum policewoman on whats daft.

As I don't have Fox and skim the NBA box scores for Heat, Lakers, Philly and Pistons mainly, you have to believe me when I say I haven't seen a NBA team shoot over 50%. From going back over those 50 games its the exception rather than the rule.

I just put that on the forum for discussion. If you disagree, thats fine, but there is no need for the vitriol.

I once found you to be occasionally mildly funny, but people soon get tired of the same old sh*te.

Do me a favour-put a bag on your head and go and stand in the corner.

Reply #21194 | Report this post

J Bags  
Years ago

Hell mate you really take things to heart........ Sorry!

Kleenex are on special at Bi-Lo this week.

Issac, nice addition to my last post! Cheers! You helped my point.
:-)

Colostomy bags? (think of whats in it)

Reply #21196 | Report this post

Phat Prophet  
Years ago

Apology accepted

Reply #21197 | Report this post

J Bags Hata  
Years ago

I hate J bags

Reply #21201 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Hata,

If u don't have a sense of humour skip bags posts.

Reply #21209 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Reply #55488 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Reply #143964 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 10:42 pm, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754